Khandallah Properties on Display for Kindergarten Fundraiser
Beautiful Khandallah Properties on Display for Kindergarten Fundraiser
Khandallah Kindergarten House and Garden Tour, Sunday 23 November, 11am-4pm
Khandallah Kindergarten is providing a unique opportunity to explore some of the stunning houses and gardens of Khandallah. Get some inspiration for your own house or garden on this fun day out.
The 13 properties featured are a mix of traditional and contemporary styles, so there will be something for everyone. Take an ikebana class, get refreshments at the vintage-style cafe, or buy plants to take home.
Proceeds of the event will go towards improving the outdoor area for the kindergarten's 80 children. Head teacher Susan Klein says, “We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful fundraiser, which over the years has provided funds for renovating and improving our learning environment and purchasing educational resources for the children. We appreciate the support of our community and sponsors and love to see people enjoying themselves in our lovely suburb.”
cost $30 and are available online from
www.khandallahhouseandgardentour.org.nz or from these
locations from 13 October:
Khandallah Kindergarten, 24 Everest Street, Khandallah
Automat Café and Dunshea’s Deli, 7 Burma Road, Khandallah
Videotime, 5 Ganges Road, Khandallah
Millwood Gallery, 291b Tinakori Road, Thorndon
The Front Room cafe, 42 Tutere Street, Waikanae Beach
Proudly sponsored by Bayleys and Orangebox.
• Khandallah Kindergarten has held garden tours since the early 1990s. This is the first year the tour will include houses as well.
• If you want to make a day of it, there will be an ikebana class available (limited numbers), a coffee cart, a vintage cafe for refreshments, raffle tickets, jams, fudge and plants for sale.
• Only 700 tickets will be available.
• Tickets can be purchased online from www.khandallahhouseandgardentour.org.nz or from the stores listed above (cash only).
• Stay up to date with tour information via our Facebook page www.facebook.com/Khandallahhomeandgardentour
• On the day, your ticket can be exchanged at Khandallah Kindergarten for a tour booklet with a map which gives you access to the properties.
• Event will be held rain or shine and no refunds will be available.
• Parking is restricted at some properties and none of them are wheelchair accessible.
• Sorry, no children, dogs or buggies on the tour please.