SCIRT traffic update
SCIRT traffic update:
Week starting Monday, 24 August, 2015
Weekend work – delays and detours at Fendalton Rd / Hagley Park corner
Starting Saturday night through to Sunday night, SCIRT is repairing the road at the Fendalton, Deans and Harper intersection at Hagley Park. Two-way traffic will be maintained but lane reductions could cause delays. From lateSaturday night until around midday Sunday, traffic won’t be able to exit or enter Fendalton Rd from the Hagley Park intersection. Expect delays and take alternative routes, like Kilmarnock, over the weekend.
Major works starting: Linwood – Woodham Road
As early as Monday 31 August major works begin on the Southern Relief wastewater project. Traffic impacts will be:
• Worcester St will be closed between Woodham Rd and Dacre St, and one-way southbound (towards Linwood Ave) between Dacre St and Linwood Ave.
• Woodham Rd will be one-way between Kerrs Rd and Ngarimu Street (heading west towards Gloucester St). Please follow the detour onto Ngarimu St, Dunarnan St and Kerrs Rd. Dunarnan St will be one-way heading east towards Kerrs Rd due to the detour.
• Ngarimu St at the corner of Woodham Rd will be entry only.
Orbiter buses will be detoured around the work area via Gloucester St and Linwood Ave - please visit the Metro Websitewww.metroinfo.org.nz or phone Metro Info on 366 8855 on the day of travel for any service changes.
Work starting on Papanui Rd – watch for cyclists
Starting the week of Monday 24 August for around 2 months, a section of the wastewater mains on Papanui Rd – between Clare Rd and Derby St – is being repaired. Two-way traffic will be maintained but there will be no right hand turn from Derby and Rastrick Sts onto Papanui Rd. Please take extra care around merging cyclists and buses, allow extra time for travel and consider alternative routes. Visit metroinfo.co.nz for the most up to date information on bus stops and routes.
Central City – expect delays and avoid during peak times
• Madras St between Tuam and Lichfield Sts down to one lane for about 3 weeks.
• Durham St down to two lanes near Moorhouse Ave for about 1 more week.
• Manchester St is southbound only between Armagh and Hereford Sts.
Best ways to get through the city centre this week:
• Northbound: Montreal St and Fitzgerald Ave
• Southbound: Barbadoes St and Fitzgerald Ave
• Eastbound: Salisbury St and Tuam St
• Westbound: Moorhouse Ave, Kilmore St and St Asaph St
See the latest Aranui map showing bus routes and detours.
• Rowan Ave has a progressive one-way closure northbound between Pages Rd and Carisbrooke St for about 10 weeks.
• Pages Rd is one-way, city-bound only, from Bexley Reserve to Shuttle Dr. The south sides of Pages/Marlowand Pages/Porchester intersections are currently closed.
• Mattingley St remains one-way westbound (from Porchester to Carisbrooke) for next 3 weeks.
• Hampshire St closed between Marlow and Portsmouth.
• Breezes Rd remains one-way between Wainoni and Pages Rds. Please watch for pedestrians, cyclists and children by the two schools on Breezes Rd.
• Doreen St is one-way eastbound (towards Marlow).
• Ongoing work on Carisbrooke St – 1-way from Portchester to 49 Carisbrooke.
• Wimborne Cres progressive road closure for about 5 weeks. Follow the signs.
Work in other suburbs
Burwood - Lake Terrace Rd
Lake Terrace Rd is closed between Burwood Rd and De Ville Pl, including the Burwood Rd intersection. Resident access maintained. Please follow detour signs.
Ongoing wastewater and roading repairs in the area – watch for changing traffic conditions.
• Queenspark Dr at Ashwood St intersection will be one lane two-way with temporary traffic lights with a section of Ashwood between Queenspark and Heathglen closed for about 10 days.
• Fairfield Tce – between Wills Rod and York St - closed for 2 weeks. Please follow the detour signs.
• Colombo St (between Edgeware Rd and Canon Street) will be one-way with northbound traffic (from city) detoured via Caledonian for about 1 week.
• Helmores Lane bridge repairs start this week and will take about 5 months. Open to pedestrians and cyclists for the first few weeks but follow the signs and keep children and pets safe around this work site.
• Carlton Mill bridge at the intersection of Harper Ave, Park Tce and Carlton Mill Rd. Two-way traffic remains but reduced lanes on Carlton Mill Rd and Park Tce may cause delays. Due to footpath closures please look out for pedestrians and cyclists around this busy corner of Hagley Park. Repairs will take around 3 months.
Riccarton – Rotherham / Riccarton cnr closed
This week Riccarton Rd traffic from either direction won’t be able to turn in to Rotherham St. Rotherham St traffic will only be able to exit left on to Riccarton Rd. Follow the detour signs to access the Mall and businesses on Rotherham.
Richmond – Chrystal St
• There is a progressive one-way southbound along Chrystal St. Watch for changed traffic conditions.
• Road and footpath repairs on Marshland Road between Hercules St cnr (The Palms) and 123 Marshland Rd (near Garden Hotel) for about 10 weeks. Two-way traffic remains, but take extra care, expect delays, and watch for cyclists.
• Road and footpath repairs on Hammersley Ave and Hercules St for about 2 months. Check signage for one-way and changing road conditions.
• No exit from Petrie St on to Shirley Rd for about 5 weeks. Only westbound traffic on Shirley Rd can enter Petrie St.
• One-way for northbound traffic on Hills Rd (between Guild and Dudley Sts). Southbound (towards city) traffic to follow the detour. Dudley St/Hills Rd intersection currently left turn exit only onto Hills Rd. Watch for changed traffic conditions.
• Part of Jollie St is closed until end of August. One side of the street is open for pedestrians. Please follow the signs.
• Follow the signs and watch for changing traffic conditions like lane reductions and turning restrictions alongLinwood Ave while pipelining and patch repairs are completed.
• Avonside Drive (between Gloucester and Ngarimu Sts) is closed.
Bromley – Kawau Cres
A progressive road closure is in place along Kawau Cres until end of September.
• Glenroy St one-way westbound (towards city).
• Smith St between Bray St and Ferry Rd closed until October. Traffic on Matlock St will be unable to enter or exit Smith St, please use Mackworth St.
• Hopkins St between Wildberry and Hobson is closed for up to 5 weeks. Resident access maintained where possible.
Spreydon & Somerfield – Barrington St
• Sydney St closed to through traffic this week. Resident access maintained.
• Traffic one-way northbound (towards city) on Barrington St. Southbound traffic please follow detours. Watch for road closures and turning restrictions where Barrington St intersects with Somerfield St, Rose St, Stanbury Ave and Studholme St.
Sydenham – Colombo St
Colombo St has lane reductions between Strickland and Beaumont Sts for about 6 weeks. Expect delays during peaks hours. Use an alternative route if possible.
Work on Hazeldean Rd between Lincoln and Grove Rds will detour traffic down Harman and Lincoln Rds for around 2 weeks.
• No exit on to Sparks Rd from Rydal St.
• Maryhill Ave is closed between Wyn St and 16 Maryhill Ave until early September.
• Watch for changed traffic conditions and follow the signs for work on the Esplanade, Clifton Tce, and a 2 week road closure on Van Asch St.
• Non-SCIRT work: Main Rd will be closed for four nights starting Monday 24 August. Access to Sumner will be restricted to a lengthy detour via Summit Rd. Further details on the Transport for Christchurch website.