SCIRT Traffic Update: for the week starting Monday 8
SCIRT Traffic Update: for the week starting Monday 8 February 2016
Oxford Terrace, central city, partly one-way
Oxford Terrace is one-way between Armagh Street and
Worcester Street while SCIRT is repairing the historic
Gloucester Street Bridge in the central city which will take
about 11 months.
• Pedestrians and cyclists will not be able to use the bridge for the duration of the work. The bridge was closed to vehicles following the earthquakes.
For about a week SCIRT is replacing a section of the wastewater main on Stanmore Rd. Two-way traffic is maintained around the work site but there may be delays.
Several sections of the storm water network are being repaired along Ferry Rd. Please follow all signage and drive to the conditions.
New Brighton Road, Bassett Street and Avondale Road intersection
• It will have a three-way
stop/go system on the weekend of February 13-14 to keep the
roundabout open and traffic flowing. Please expect
• The closure of New Brighton Rd east, between Bassett St and Anzac Drive, for the installation of 2 wastewater pressure mains, remains. The detour is via Bassett St, QE11 Dr and Travis Rd. The work is for about 5 months.
Hills Road, Shirley, reduced lanes
• SCIRT is working on Hills Rd
between Warden St and Shirley Rd for about 3 months
repairing storm water, roads and footpaths.
• Bus and cycle lanes are closed to make room for the worksite and maintain two-way traffic. Please look out for merging cyclists.
• Hills Rd is one-way northbound between Guild and Dudley St.
Please watch for lane shifts while the water main and sub-main are replaced on Fendalton Rd between Deans Ave and Holmwood Rd.
Woodham Road- Gloucester Street intersection, restrictions for about 4 months
wastewater repairs mean lane reductions and turning
restrictions at the intersection.
• Temporary traffic lights are in place to help traffic flow.
• Please support your local businesses that are affected by this work.
Between Fitzgerald Ave and Stanmore Rd, Avonside Dr is one-way going west towards the city for road and kerb repairs. Traffic travelling east is detoured into Stanmore Rd and Gloucester St.
Moorhouse Avenue overbridge is reduced to one-lane each way for the duration of the repair project which is expected to be completed in June.
Bower Avenue, Parklands
Bower Ave has a road closure between Queenspark Drive and Rue de la Mare while wastewater work is underway near the intersection of Queenspark Dr and Bower Ave. This work is expected to take another week to complete.
• Queenspark Dr is one-way westbound between Chadbury St and Inwoods Rd for about 2 weeks and one-way southbound between Broadhaven Ave and Queenspark School.
• There are designated drop off and pick up areas available for Queenspark School.
• The best detours to the Parklands Mall are Inwoods Rd to Broadhaven Ave to Lamorna or Beach Rd to Donnington Rd.
• Please continue to support the shops at the Parklands Mall.
If you would like to receive the fortnightly Parklands Traffic Update email CIRinfo@fcc.co.nz
Beach Road, New Brighton, major wastewater and
storm water works underway
• There are major work sites on Beach Rd between Ascot Ave and Bower Ave and between Bower Ave and Effingham St.
• Beach Rd is closed between Ascot Ave and Flemington St and between Bower Ave and Effingham St.
• The section outside the shops – Naked Baker, Beach Road Fish Supply and North Beach Dairy – is one-way westbound and parking has been maintained. Please continue to support these local businesses.
There are several road closures in this area. Please take care around these suburbs where SCIRT is installing a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system, and roading repairs are also underway..
Wainoni School- north detour via Portsmouth Street and south detour via Pages Rd.
See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
Worcester St is closed between Woodham Rd and Dacre St with limited access to residents only. It remains one-way southbound between Wyon St and Linwood Ave.
Shirley Road, short
Traffic going eastwards towards The Palms shopping centre is being detoured, because of culvert repairs at Stapletons Rd.
Please visit the Metro website www.metroinfo.org.nz or phone Metro Info on 366 8855 for any bus service changes.