SCIRT Traffic Update for the Week Starting Monday 22 Feb
SCIRT Traffic Update for the Week Starting Monday 22 February 2016
Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team (SCIRT) is ramping up its work in 2016 and at times that will impact on local businesses. Please go out of your way to support them
Hills Road, Shirley, partly closed for night works from Sunday 21 February
• Night works, 7pm to 6am, along Hills Rd start on Sunday 21 February for about 5 nights for storm water works.
• The closure is from 196 Shirley Rd to the Shirley Rd - Warrington St intersection. Detours will be in place.
• Hills Rd between Guild St and North Avon Rd will remain one-way northbound.
Ferry Road, Woolston
Several sections of the storm water network are being repaired along Ferry Rd. Please follow all signage and drive to the conditions.
Please watch for lane shifts while the water main and sub-main are replaced on Fendalton Rd between Deans Ave and Holmwood Rd.
Woodham Road- Gloucester Street intersection, restrictions for about 4 months
• Major wastewater repairs mean lane reductions and turning restrictions at the intersection.
• Temporary traffic lights are in place to help traffic flow.
• Please support your local businesses that are affected by this work.
New Brighton Road
New Brighton Rd east is closed between Bassett St and Anzac Drive for the installation of 2 wastewater pressure mains. The detour is via Bassett St, QE11 Dr and Travis Rd. The work is for about 5 months.
Bower Avenue, Parklands
• A one-way system for southbound traffic is now in place on Bower Ave between property number 497 and Rue de la Mare while road renewal is carried out.
• Temporary traffic lights are in place on Bower Ave, near the intersection of Bower Ave and Philomel St, and will remain there 3 weeks while wastewater works are underway.
Quenspark Drive, Parklands
• Queenspark Dr is one-way westbound between Bower Ave and Donnington St for about 4 weeks.
• Please continue to support the shops at Parklands Mall while SCIRT works are underway.
If you would like to receive the fortnightly Parklands Traffic Update email CIRinfo@fcc.co.nz
See Parklands map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
Beach Road, New Brighton, major wastewater and storm water works underway
• Beach Rd is closed between Ascot Ave and Flemington St.
• Two-way traffic is being maintained between Bower Ave and Effingham St to accommodate the bus route.
• In the week of Monday 29 February a one-way system will be back in place along this section of Bower Ave.
• The section outside the shops- Naked Baker, Beach Road Fish Supply and North Beach Dairy – is one-way westbound and parking has been maintained.
• Please continue to support these local businesses.
Marine Parade, New Brighton
Marine Pde between Cygnet St and Bowhill Rd will be one-way for southbound traffic from Monday 15 February for about 5 weeks for a partial road rebuild. Please use the detour along Bowhill Rd and Tonks St.
There are several road closures in this area. Please take care around these suburbs where SCIRT is installing a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system, and roading repairs are also underway..
Wainoni School access. There is a north detour via Portsmouth Street and south detour via Pages Rd.
See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
Worcester Street, Linwood
Worcester St is closed between Woodham Rd and Dacre St with limited access to residents only. It remains one-way southbound between Wyon St and Linwood Ave.
Shirley Road, short detour
Traffic going eastwards towards The Palms shopping centre is being detoured, because of culvert repairs at Stapletons Rd.