SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 25 July
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 25 July 2016
• Stage 2 of SCIRT work on the Fitzgerald Avenue twin bridges, the installation of a new manhole, continues. Two-way traffic is maintained on Fitzgerald Ave but there are no right turns across the intersection of Fitzgerald Ave, Avonside Drive and Kilmore St.
• The intersection of Westminister St, Roosevelt St and Courtenay St is closed while an intersection upgrade is carried out including removal of the roundabout. Please use Cranford St, Innes Rd and Rutland St to detour around the worksite.
• Warrington St is one-way heading east for road repairs for one more week. Westbound traffic will be detoured to Edward Ave. The intersections of Warrington St and Frances Ave and Warrington St and Flockton St will be closed.
• Edgeware Rd, between Hills Rd and Geraldine St, is one-way eastbound. Traffic going west from Hills Rd is being detoured into Edward Ave and Barbadoes St. The one-way is expected to end in August.
• SCIRT is working at the western end of Aikmans Rd which will be in part one-way eastbound while wastewater repairs take place over 4-6 weeks. For westbound traffic on Aikmans Rd the detour is Akela Street, Cox St, Sterling St and Office Rd.
• Woodham Rd is closed at the intersection with Worcester St for 3 more months for major wastewater repairs. Access to Woodham Rd, east of Worcester St, will be via Sewell St and Rowcliffe Cres. Eastbound traffic on Woodham Rd will be diverted via Ngarimu St.A “no entry” sign is in place in Woodham Rd at Kerrs Rd and at Ngarimu St.
• Carnarvon St at the intersection with Woodham Rd is closed for wastewater repairs.
• North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater works. The detour will be North Parade, Medway St to River Rd. The road closure is scheduled to be lifted in October.
• The intersection of Stapletons Rd and Dudley St is closed for about 3 months. Stapletons Rd is one-way southbound between Averill St and Randall St. Best access is via Shirley Road.
• On Dyers Rd wastewater repairs are continuing. Two-way traffic is maintained but expect delays. The work is between Ruru Rd and Maces Rd, and is mostly in the centre of the road. Turning restrictions are in place on several streets in the area.
• SCIRT is working on Main Rd in Moncks Bay for 3 months repairing an earthquake-damaged culvert. Two-way traffic will be maintained with lane shifts past the work site.
• Travis Rd, between Anzac Drive and Bower Ave, will have work underway for about 2 months. Traffic will return to the two-way but please take care.
• SCIRT has started decommissioning now redundant wastewater pipes in New Brighton Rd, Lake Terrace Rd and Baker St. The work with take about a month. Two-way traffic is maintained.
This area has several road closures. Please take care. SCIRT is installing a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system. See theAranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
• Kerb, channels and footpath repairs have started on Pages Rd between Shuttle Drive (Cowles Stadium) and Portchester St and will take about 6 weeks. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
• Breezes Rd between Cuthberts Rd and Anzac Drive will have a stop/go system in place from Monday 25 July for about 6 weeks for kerb and channel replacement.
Rd, between 237 and Gosport St, is one-way
northbound until late August. This section is between Pages
Rd and Wainoni Rd.
• Breezes Rd is one-way eastbound between Pages Rd and Cuthberts Rd. The detour is Cuthberts Rd, Nugent St, Shortland St, Pages Rd.
• Shortland St is one-way between Carters Rd and Pages Rd.
• Doreen St is closed at Breezes Rd.
• Marlow Rd is eastbound between Eureka St and Pages Rd.
Port Hills/Lyttelton/Governors Bay
• Godley Quay, Lyttelton, between Cyrus Williams Quay and Voelas Rd is down to one lane to replace an earthquake-damaged water main. Traffic is being maintained in both directions with temporary traffic lights. The repairs will take about another 2 months.
• Governors Bay Rd is reduced to one lane on the Lyttelton side of the intersection with Dyers Pass Rd, while SCIRT lays a new water main. Two-way traffic will be maintained with Stop/Go temporary traffic lights.
• Governors Bay Rd outside number 903 will have storm water replacement work carried out for about 5 days starting 21 July. One lane will be open with two-way traffic maintained by stop/go management.
• Beach Rd is one-way between Pinewood Ave and Bower Ave until mid-September for wastewater, storm water, kerb and channel and carriageway repairs.
• Flemington Ave is closed until the end of August. Please use Pinewood Ave.
• Queenspark Drive, between Broadhaven Ave and Chadlington St, has road renewal work from Monday 11 July for about 3 weeks. Two-way traffic will be maintained using priority giveway.
• Queenspark Drive, between Ashwood St and Branksome Place, is closed while road renewal tales place from Monday 18 July for about 2 weeks.
• The Bower Ave and Broadhaven Ave roundabout intersection is closed until the end of August. Traffic lights will maintain two-way traffic along Bower Ave until August.
• Broadhaven Ave between Wisteria Place and Anglesea Ave is one-way westbound including the Inwoods Rd intersection.
• Donnington St is closed until the end of July for road resurfacing.
• Sylvia St is closed the week of 1 August for about a month for road resurfacing.
• If you would like to receive a fortnightly Parklands Traffic Update please email CIRinfo@fcc.co.nz or firstname.lastname@example.org