SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 26/9/16
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 26 September 2016
• Bealey Ave has reduced lanes near the intersection with Champion St from Monday 19 September for about a week for wastewater repairs. Please follow traffic signs.
• SCIRT work around the Fitzgerald Ave twin bridges is expected to take another month. Two-way traffic is maintained on Fitzgerald Ave and right hand turn restrictions which were temporarily removed will be returning at the intersection of Fitzgerald with Avonside Drive and Kilmore St from Monday 26 September and remain until the second week of October.
• From Tuesday 27 September one lane northbound will be shut across the Fitzgerald Ave twin bridges during inter-peak hours, 9am-4pm.
• The top end of Aikmans Rd, from Papanui Road to Akela St, is one-way southwest bound for about 6 weeks from Monday 26 September for SCIRT repairs to a major wastewater pipe called the Wairakei Collector.
• There will be a temporary driveway on Aikmans Rd near the worksite for entry to McDonald’s.The detour to get to Papanui Rd from Aikmans is Akela St, Cox St and Office Rd.
• Fendalton Rd, near the intersection with Harper Ave, will have reduced lanes from Monday 26 September for about 2 weeks for wastewater repairs.
• Harper Ave will also have a reduced lane, near the Fendalton Rd intersection for traffic heading west.
• Wastewater main segment repairs along Innes Road at the Mahars Rd intersection are taking place over the next week. Two-way traffic is maintained but expect delays at peak times.
• Ferry Rd in the Woolston and Ferrymead areas has SCIRT night works for 2 weeks fromSunday 25 September for wastewater repairs. Two-way traffic will be maintained where possible.
• Dyers Rd wastewater repairs are continuing. Two-way traffic is maintained but expect delays during peak periods and some turning restrictions and detours in the area.
• Ensors Rd near the intersection with Fifield Tce is down to one lane until late September while SCIRT installs a new manhole. Temporary traffic lights will maintain two-way traffic.
Mount Pleasant/ Heathcote
• From Monday 19 September Bridle Path Rd is one-way southbound, between Cannonhill Cres and Main Rd, for about 2 weeks for footpath and road repairs. After this there will be a full closure for about 4 weeks. Traffic will be detoured via Cannonhill Cres and St Andrews Hill Rd, or Martindales Rd, Port Hills Rd and Tunnel Rd. Please expect delays.
• North Parade, past Banks Ave intersection, will have two-way traffic maintained while SCIRT work is underway.Please expect some delays.
• North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater works. The detour is North Parade, Medway St to River Rd. The closure is scheduled to be lifted in November.
• Avonside Drive between Retreat Rd and Gloucester St is closed until December for wastewater repairs.
• Woodham Rd is closed at the intersection with Worcester St for 2 more months for major wastewater repairs. Access to Woodham Rd, east of Worcester St, will be via Sewell St and Rowcliffe Cres. Eastbound traffic on Woodham Rd will be detoured via Ngarimu St.
• This area has several road closures. Please take care. SCIRT is installing a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system. See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
• Pages Rd will be one-way towards the city, between Anzac Drive and Breezes Road,fromMonday 3 October for SCIRT wastewater repairs and road reconstruction.
• A section of Anzac Drive just north of the intersection with Pages Road will have stop/go management at night between 8pm and 6am for storm water repairs from Tuesday 27 Septemberfor about 5 nights.
• Kerb, channels and footpath repairs have started on Pages Rd between Portchester St and Anzac Drive until late October 2016.Two-way traffic is maintained.
• Breezes Rd is one-way southbound between Pages Rd and Cuthberts Rd. The detour is Cuthberts Rd, Nugent St, Shortland St, Pages Rd.
• The Breezes Lenton St intersection is closed.
• The Breezes Shortland St intersection is closed.
• Beach Rd will be closed between Frosts Rd and Donnington St and between Pinewood Ave and Bower Ave from Monday 12 September for road repairs and final wastewater connections.
• There is a road closure at the north exit of the Beach Rd and Bower Ave roundabout until the end of September for final wastewater connections.
• Inwoods Rd will be closed between Mairehau Rd and Queenspark Drive for the first half of the week and Inwoods Rd between Broadhaven Ave and Queenspark Drive for the second half of the week.
• Kirsten Place will be closed for a week for repairs to the cobbled threshold at the intersection of Bower Ave and Kirsten Place.
• New Brighton Rd between Rawson St and Pages Rd is closed for road and footpath repairs from 24 August for 8 weeks. The detour is Hawke St, Keyes Rd and Pratt St.
• Evans Pass Rd above Sumner is down to one lane around a SCIRT work site doing a retaining wall repair. The work will take until the end of the year. Temporary traffic lights maintain two-way traffic. Please drive or cycle with caution.
• SCIRT is working on Main Rd in Moncks Bay for another 2 months repairing a culvert. Two-way traffic will be maintained with lane shifts past the work site.
• From Monday 26 September for around 2 weeks a section of road at 1 Simeon Quay will be closed to replace a storm water pipe. Traffic will be detoured left on to Godley Quay and right on to Voelas Road.