SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 17/10/16
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 17 October 2016
• SCIRT work around the Fitzgerald Ave twin bridges is expected to be completed this week. OnSunday 16 October, Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 there will be night works from 8pm to 6am to complete road construction.
• Various streets in the central city will have night time manhole maintenance during October from 7pm to 6am. Two-way traffic will be maintained using give-way and stop/go systems. Please be alert for traffic signage.
• The top end of Aikmans Rd, from Papanui Rd to Akela St, is one-way westbound for about 6 weeks from Monday 26 September for SCIRT repairs to a major wastewater pipe called the Wairakei Collector. There is a temporary driveway on Aikmans Rd for entry to McDonald’s. The detour to get to Papanui Rd from Aikmans is Akela St, Cox St and Office Rd.
• Woodham Rd is closed at the intersection with Worcester St for 1 more month for major wastewater repairs. Access to Woodham Rd, east of Worcester St, will be via Sewell St and Rowcliffe Cres. Eastbound traffic on Woodham Rd will be detoured via Ngarimu St.
• Woodham Rd is closed at the intersection with Kerrs Rd from Monday 3 October for 4 weeks for wastewater repairs.
• Francis Ave is closed for about 1 more week for SCIRT wastewater repairs.
• North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater works. The detour is North Parade, Medway St to River Rd. The closure is scheduled to be lifted in November.
• Wastewater repairs at night from 7pm to midnight are taking place on Sparks Road on Friday 14 October near the roundabout intersection with Hoon Hay Road. A stop/go system will be operating for the roundabout.
• Pages Rd, between Anzac Drive and Breezes Rd, is one-way eastbound towards the city from Monday 3 October until mid-December for SCIRT repairs to a wastewater main pipe servicing New Brighton and road resurfacing the whole length from Anzac Drive to Shuttle Drive. The detour for traffic heading to New Brighton is Breezes Rd, Wainoni Rd, Anzac Drive. This is the final work SCIRT needs to undertake in Pages Rd.
• The intersection of Pages Rd and Rowan Ave will be closed Monday 17 October and Tuesday 18 October for road resurfacing.
• The intersection of Pages Rd and Marlow Rd will be closed from Wednesday 19 October to Friday 21 October for road repairs.
• Aranui has several road closures. Please take care. SCIRT is installing a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system. See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
• Kerb, channels and footpath repairs have started on Pages Rd between Portchester St and Anzac Drive until late October 2016.
• Hampshire St, between Aldershot St and the new Aranui Community Centre, is one-way eastbound for footpath, kerb and berm repairs and when this is completed the road will be closed in late October for road resurfacing. This work will be completed by the end of November.
• Breezes Rd is one-way southbound between Pages Rd and Cuthberts Rd. The detour is Cuthberts Rd, Nugent St, Shortland St, Pages Rd.
• There is a road closure at the south exit of the Beach Rd and Bower Ave roundabout until mid-October for roundabout reconstruction. Stop/go traffic lights are in place at the Beach Roard/Bower Ave intersection.
• Bower Ave will be closed between Florance Place and Sylvia St for the week starting Monday 17 October for road resealing.
New Brighton/South Brighton/Burwood
• SCIRT begins final road repair work on Travis Rd, near Blue Gum Place, on Monday 17 October, expected to take about 2 weeks. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
• Estuary Rd will be one-way northbound between Halsey St and Jellicoe St for a week starting during the week of Monday 17 October while SCIRT replaces a wastewater manhole. A detour for the bus route will be in place.
• New Brighton Rd between Rawson St and Pages Rd is closed for road and footpath repairs until late October. The detour is Hawke St, Keyes Rd and Pratt St.
• Hargood St has storm water, kerb, channel and footpath repairs until mid-December. Two-way traffic will be maintained most of the time though there may be a priority one-way system and turning restrictions on occasions.
• Dyers Rd wastewater repairs are almost completed.
Mount Pleasant/ Heathcote/Sumner
• Bridle Path Rd will be closed, between Cannonhill Cres and Main Rd, for about 3 weeks for road reconstruction. Traffic will be detoured via Cannonhill Cres and St Andrews Hill Rd, or Martindales Rd, Port Hills Rd and Tunnel Rd. Please expect delays.
• Evans Pass Rd above Sumner is down to one lane around a SCIRT work site doing a retaining wall repair. The work will take until the end of the year. Temporary traffic lights maintain two-way traffic.Please drive or cycle with caution.