SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 7 November
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 7 November 2016
• SCIRT repairs on and around the Fitzgerald Ave twin bridges will be completed in the coming week.
• Lindsay St will be one-way southbound towards Cornwall St from Monday 7 November for about 3 days.
• Francis Ave between number 3 and number 11 is closed, near the intersection with Warrington St, from Tuesday 1 November for about 3 weeks for SCIRT wastewater repairs.
• The one-way westbound at the top end of Aikmans Rd, from Papanui Rd to Akela St, will end early next week.
• Mansfield Ave will be one-way heading east outside the Nurse Maude Hospital for SCIRT manhole and wastewater repairs during the week starting Tuesday 25 October for about 7 weeks.
• Pages Rd, between Anzac Drive and Breezes Rd, is one-way eastbound towards the city until mid-December for SCIRT repairs to a wastewater main pipe servicing New Brighton and road resurfacing from Anzac Drive to Shuttle Drive. The detour for traffic heading to New Brighton is Breezes Rd, Wainoni Rd, Anzac Drive. This is the final work SCIRT needs to undertake in Pages Rd.
• There are several other road closures in Aranui. Please take care. SCIRT is installing a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system. See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
• Hampshire St, between Aldershot St and the new Aranui Community Centre, is closed for road and footpath repairs from Tuesday 1 November. The road will be closed for three stages of work. The repairs will be completed by the end of November.
• Hampshire St, between Wainoni Rd and Basingstoke St will be closed from Tuesday 8 November for about 2 days for final decommissioning of the gravity wastewater system.
• Portsmouth St road closure will end by the afternoon of Monday 7 November.
• The Carters Rd intersection and the Shortland St intersection at Breezes Rd have been closed from Wednesday 2 November for 2 weeks for road repairs.
• Breezes Rd is one-way southbound between Pages Rd and Cuthberts Rd. The detour is Cuthberts Rd, Nugent St, Shortland St, and Pages Rd. This work will continue until December.
• The intersection of Pages Rd and Marlow Rd is closed for road resurfacing.
• Woodham Rd has re-opened to one-way eastbound traffic between Worcester St and Kerrs Rd. Westbound traffic is detoured via Buckleys Rd, Linwood Ave and Gloucester St. There is no entry from Worcester St onto Woodham Rd. Westbound traffic is detoured via Dunarnan St.
• There is no entry from Kerrs Rd onto Woodham Rd east for about 2 months. Access to the Rosewood Resthome has been restored.
• North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater repairs. Medway St is closed for Christchurch City Council Dudley Creek flood remediation work. The detour is now Tweed St, Forth St to Flesher Ave. Work along North Parade has been delayed due to changes in the construction programme and the road closure is scheduled to be uplifted by late December.
• Slater St, between North Avon Rd and number 20 Slater St, is one-way northbound for another 2 weeks for kerb and channel repairs.
• The roundabout and islands at the Beach Rd and Bower Ave intersection will be reinstated on Monday 7 November and Wednesday 9 November. A stop/go traffic system will be in place.
• There is no entry from Beach Rd on to Frosts Rd and Mairehau Rd at that intersection because of SCIRT wastewater repairs starting Monday 31 October for 6 weeks. Two-way traffic will be maintained on Frosts Rd and Mairehau Rd with traffic lights.
• Centaurus Rd is closed between numbers 213 and 221 for another week. Traffic Lights on Centaurus Place and Ramahana Rd maintain traffic around the worksite.
• St Johns St, between the two St Lukes St entrances, will be closed from Thursday 3 November for 3 weeks for road repairs.
• Hargood St has storm water, kerb, channel and footpath repairs until mid-December. Two-way traffic will be maintained most of the time though there may be a priority one-way system and turning restrictions on occasions.
Mount Pleasant/ Heathcote/Sumner
• SCIRT is working in Heberden Ave for about a week from Monday 7 November on wastewater repairs with two-way traffic maintained by temporary traffic lights.
• Bridle Path Rd has re-opened to two way traffic. From Wednesday 26 October Cannon Hill Cres intersectionwill be closed from Bridle Path Rd for road repairs for about two weeks.
• Evans Pass Rd above Sumner is down to one lane around a SCIRT retaining wall repair work site. The work will take until the end of the year. Temporary traffic lights maintain two-way traffic. Please drive or cycle with caution.