Wellington Sky Show Traffic & Parking Management
2017 Sky Show Traffic And Parking Management
The country’s largest annual fireworks display, the Wellington Sky Show, takes place on Saturday 4 November from 9pm.
A number of measures will be in place to keep congestion to a minimum and make sure emergency services are able to get through if necessary.
• Traffic management company EM Services will oversee traffic and parking restrictions around Mount Victoria and Oriental Parade. For queries please call: EM Services 2010 Ltd: 0800 328 654
• Many streets on Mount Victoria and Roseneath will be restricted to residents only, including those up the hill from the intersection of Hawker Street and Roxburgh Street.
• A one-way system will be put in place on Lookout Road between Thane Street and Alexandra Road from 6pm to 10pm.
• Vehicle access to Clyde Quay Wharf (formerly the Overseas Passenger Terminal) will be restricted to residents only from 6pm to 10pm.
• Visit wellington.govt.nz/skyshow for the traffic management map
Roads affected 6pm-10pm
• Lookout Road – One Way system from Thane Road to Alexander Road, exit through Alexander Road. Closed when lookout full
• Thane Road – Lookout Road entry point and road closed when full
• Evans Bay Parade and Oriental Parade will be closed to through-traffic from Cobham Drive and Wellington Road. Resident and emergency vehicle access only
• Robieson Road – Resident access only
• Palliser Road – Resident access only
• Roseneath Terrace – Resident access only
• Hawker Street – Resident access only
• Resident access will be managed by marshals at all locations.
There will be parking restrictions at:
• Grafton Road
• Carlton Gore Road
• Courtenay Place
Additional capacity will be available on trains and buses. For more Public Transport information visit metlink.org.nz or contact Metlink on 0800 801 700.
Please note, the Band Rotunda viewing platform will not be available for use between 5pm-11pm on the evening of the event.
The fireworks will go ahead rain or shine but could be postponed by high winds to Sunday 5 November at 9pm. For live updates, check Wellington City Council’s Facebook page or phone 04 499 4444.
More information: wellington.govt.nz/skyshow