HR National Award Winners Announced
22 February 2008
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The overall national winners of the 2007/08 HRINZ HR Awards were announced at a black tie gala dinner and award presentation in Wellington last night (21 Feb).
The HRINZ HR Awards, organised by the Human Resources Institute of New Zealand, are designed to recognise excellence within New Zealand’s HR community.
- HRINZ HR Initiative of the Year – Pacific Pharmaceuticals, Auckland
- HRINZ HR Person of the Year – Philippa Jones, Christchurch
HR Person of the Year is chosen from winners of the three HR Person of the Year categories:
- HRINZ Generalist HR Person of the Year – Philippa Jones, Canterbury
- HRINZ Specialist HR Person of the Year – Melanie Wood, Auckland
- HRINZ Young HR Practitioner of the Year – Matt Carter, Wild South.
The winners were selected from 12 regional finalists awarded with a Distinction Award out of the 19 overall regional winners awarded in November and December last year.
The HRINZ HR Awards, first established in 1999, are judged by a regional judging panel and regional winners are either acknowledged with a Merit or Distinction award. All entries acknowledged with Distinction are put forward as entrants for national judging.
Two new ‘special recognition’ awards were also announced:
- The Southern Cross Wellness Award – Melanie Wood
- The State Services Commission Public Sector Award – NZ Police