Hyatt Regency Ak Sales Exec Receives Masters Title
9 August 2010
Hyatt Regency Auckland Sales Executive Receives Masters Title
Hyatt Regency Auckland Sales Executive Manoj Heenkenda earned a Hyatt Master title at the inaugural international Hyatt Masters event in Scottsdale, Arizona.
A programme designed to reward Hyatt's best performers in rooms and event sales, the Hyatt Masters event recognises sales, catering and convention services staff, and worldwide sales managers who continuously strive to be the “best of the best”.
Hyatt Regency Auckland General Manager Franz Mascarenhas says that a Hyatt Master is an exceptional achiever who provides extraordinary contributions to the hotel.
“Over the years, Mr. Heenkenda has demonstrated a high level of professionalism that has made him a role model within the team. As a consequence, he has earned numerous accolades from the numerous Event organizers he has interacted with.
His dedication to his job demonstrates the calibre of a true Hyatt Master and we are delighted that his ongoing commitment to excellence has been recognised with this well-deserved honour.”
The Hyatt Masters programme was developed as a result of a 'people engagement' survey that identified an opportunity for the organisation to do more in terms of recognising its outstanding salespeople.
Hyatt Masters events are a wonderful experience for those who qualify; the time together at the meeting is a great mix of fun, networking and education that reinforces Hyatt’s strong corporate culture and recognises the crème de la crème.
Notes to editors:
Criteria for Hyatt Master nomination
1. Role model for other sales and/or catering/convention services staff, as well as other employees.
2. Demonstrates the role of “mentor” to entry-level Hyatt sales and/or catering/ convention services staff.
3. Plays a role in solving the business challenges facing Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
4. Sends referrals to other Hyatt Hotels & Resorts.
5. Participates in and is recognised by a professional industry or regional association by serving on a committee or board of directors (i.e. CVB, Chamber of Commerce, ASAE, ASTA, MPI, PCMA, NBTA, RCMA, TIA, SITE).
6. Takes responsibility for recruiting other sales and/or catering/convention services staff to Hyatt.
7. Demonstrates understanding of and practices Hyatt’s goals, mission and values:
a. Employee Engagement
b. Customer Engagement (i.e. individual managers’ Maritz scores are among the highest in the office and above the company average)
c. Market Share
8. Must have been in Hyatt sales, catering or convention services for a minimum of nine consecutive months.
9. Achieved 100% of assigned quota for 2009.
10. Serves as a sales training advisor or a member of Hyatt’s Sales and/or Catering/Convention Services Training Team and participates actively in the training curriculum.
Master status is valid for one calendar year; subsequent years require re-qualification.
Approved Hyatt Masters receive:
• A Hyatt Masters award
• Business cards featuring the Hyatt Masters logo
• Participation at the Hyatt Masters event
About Hyatt Regency Auckland
Hyatt Regency Auckland has been a landmark in the city since 1968.
The hotel’s Residences Tower comprises 80 rooms and suites with kitchen facilities and balconies – including studio suites, one- and two-bedroom suites and penthouses. This is in addition to the 267 modernised rooms in the Regency Tower.
The conference and banqueting facilities at the hotel can accommodate up to 650* guests for a banquet in the Princes Ballroom and an additional 550* guests in the Regatta Room (*depending on room layout and staging requirements). To support its range of facilities, the hotel has parking space for 290 vehicles.
Spa at the Hyatt offers a fully equipped gym, a 25 m heated swimming pool, a spa pool, a sauna, a steam room and a sun terrace, making it the ideal location for those with fitness and relaxation in mind. Guests can receive soothing massage therapies with sensuous oils and scrubs, and heated stones, as well as exotic wraps, facials and beauty treatments, all offered in any of the six New Zealand-themed treatment rooms.
These and many other facilities make Hyatt Regency Auckland one of the city’s premier destinations for quality accommodation and conferences.
Visit www.auckland.regency.hyatt.com for more information.