Entries open in NZ’s premier building competition
MEDIA RELEASE Monday 13
Entries are now open in New Zealand’s premier building competition
Entries are now open in the Registered Master Builders 2011 House of the Year and RMB Commercial Project Awards, in association with PlaceMakers.
With two decades of superb projects under its belt, the 21st year of the competition will no doubt see another period of strong entry numbers, quality builds and superb workmanship.
Registered Master Builders Federation chief executive Warwick Quinn says Registered Master Builders continue to raise the standard of the competition and he is looking forward to another great year.
“The competition brings something new every year. From increasingly high spec sustainable homes to outstanding commercial projects – these awards are a great way for our members to highlight their skills and showcase their point of difference.”
“Achieving an award at any level in the completion is an exceptional achievement, Bronze awarded properties are still judged to be at least 50 percent above industry standard – this is very good building in anyone’s book.”
“We look forward to seeing what Registered Master Builders have to show the country in 2011.”
John Beveridge, CE of principal sponsor PlaceMakers, is proud to sponsor the competition in its 21st year.
“Builders do more than just construct new homes and offices. They create environments that New Zealanders live, work and play in – today and in the decades to come,” Mr Beveridge says.
“That’s a hugely important social and economic contribution to our country.”
The Awards are made possible through the support of principal sponsor PlaceMakers, and supporting sponsors James Hardie, Gib Living Solutions®, Pink® Batts® Ultra® (Tasman Insulation), Nulook, the Department of Building and Housing, and Meridian.
For information about the competition, visit the Registered Master Builders website www.masterbuilder.org.nz.
Notes to the editor
About the Registered Master Builders 2011 House of the Year and RMB Commercial Project Awards, in association with PlaceMakers
The competition is structured on two levels – regional and national. Gold, Silver and Bronze Award-winners are determined using a points-based system. These award-winners will be announced at 18 regional events held throughout New Zealand during June, July and August.
The top local Gold Award winners become national finalists, announced in mid-August. The national finalists are then re-judged by a National Panel of judges who determine the overall National Winners who are announced at a gala dinner in November.
Hard copy entries must be received by 5pm, Friday 25 February 2011 with online entries closing at midnight on Sunday 27 February 2011.
About Registered Master Builders Federation
• The Registered Master Builders Federation represents New Zealand’s premier building companies which pride themselves on delivering the highest quality houses and buildings to their clients
• Our members represent upwards of two-thirds of every dollar spent on construction each year
• We have been in existence for more than 100 years, providing industry leadership, training and services for our members
• Our member companies employ more than 15,000 employees and subcontractors nationwide.
• We have a network of 22 regional Associations throughout New Zealand
• Registered Master Builders are assessed on their building experience, trade or professional qualifications, practical experience, financial viability, client satisfaction and workmanship before membership is approved
• Only a Registered Master Builder can offer their clients a Master Build Guarantee. These products cover loss of deposit, non-completion of the work and/or defective workmanship and materials and structural defects including rot*. (*Conditions apply)