Video | Agriculture | Confidence | Economy | Energy | Employment | Finance | Media | Property | RBNZ | Science | SOEs | Tax | Technology | Telecoms | Tourism | Transport | Search

 

Capital growth continues for NZ commercial property

IPD PRESS RELEASE

PCNZ/IPD New Zealand Property Index

22 August 2012

Capital growth continues for New Zealand’s commercial property markets

Auckland, 22 August 2012

Overview

The PCNZ/IPD Commercial Property Index provides a measure of investment market performance across office, retail and industrial property sectors. The index is comprised of data from 20 participants, representing 25 funds/portfolios with 575 assets worth cNZ$10.3 billion representing c65% of the total New Zealand property market. The index details income return and capital growth on a quarterly basis. The index also provides pricing and market metrics such as capitalisation rates, discount rates and capital values.

PCNZ/IPD Property Index Performance – June 2012

Released today, the index recorded a second consecutive quarter of annual capital growth in three years of 0.3% for the broader New Zealand property market. Annual income return was 8.2% which resulted in a total return of 8.5% for the year to June 2012. The result represents a mild strengthening in annual return in comparison to the previous quarter of 8.4% but is still lower than the long-run total return of 10%. Figure 1 shows rolling annual nominal total return split by income and capital return. The chart shows the upswing in commercial property and the first annual period of positive capital growth. 8.5% -15% -10% -5% 0% 5% 10% 15% 20% 25% 30% Jun-07 Jun-08 Jun-09 Jun-10 Jun-11 Jun-12 Total return for direct commerical property rolling annual return on quarterly periods to June 2012 Capital return Income return Total return Long-run average Source: IPD Research. Note: direct property returns based on PCNZ/IPD Index.

Full release: PCNZ_IPD_NZ_Index_Press_Release.pdf
Presentation: IPD_INDEX12Q2_NZ.pdf

© Scoop Media

 
 
 
Business Headlines | Sci-Tech Headlines

 




Civil Contractors: Massive Rebound In Civil Construction Business Confidence

New Zealand’s civil construction industry is riding a massive rebound in post-pandemic business confidence – but this may be undermined by skills shortages, which continue to be the industry’s number one challenge... More>>



Energy: Feeling Our Way Towards Hydrogen - Tina Schirr

Right now hydrogen is getting a lot of attention. Many countries are focusing on producing hydrogen for fuel, or procuring it, or planning for its future use... More>>

Maritime Union: Calls For New Zealand Shipping To Resolve Supply Chain Crisis

The Maritime Union says there needs to be innovative responses to ongoing shipping congestion. Maritime Union of New Zealand National Secretary Craig Harrison says it is essential that New Zealand develops its own shipping capacity... More>>


Housing: New Home Consents Continue To Break Records

A record 44,299 new homes were consented in the year ended June 2021, Stats NZ said today. “The annual number of new homes consented rose again in the June 2021 year, the fourth consecutive month of rises,” construction statistics manager Michael Heslop said... More>>


Real Estate: June Home Transfers Remain High
There were 44,517 home transfers in the June 2021 quarter, the highest June quarter figure since 2016, Stats NZ said today. The number of home transfers was very similar to the March 2021 quarter and was up 18,252 from the June 2020 quarter... More>>



Statistics: Household Saving Falls In The March 2021 Quarter

Saving by New Zealanders in the March 2021 quarter fell to its lowest level in two years after rising sharply in 2020, Stats NZ said today. Increases in household spending outpaced income growth, leading to a decline in household saving from the elevated levels that prevailed throughout 2020... More>>

ALSO: