Standards Meritorious Service Awards announced
Standards New Zealand hosts the Meritorious Service Awards each year to recognise the outstanding contribution that winning committee members make to Standards development.
We announced the 2011 Meritorious Service Awards this morning at a reception at the Beehive. We congratulate all of our winners.
Winners of Standards New Zealand’s Meritorious Service Awards include:
• Individual committee
• Diane Baguley from Onehunga, Auckland – quality management and quality assurance
• Bill Birch (William Caccia-Birch) from Wellington – safe chemical management
• Andrew Brickell from Penrose, Auckland – conditions of contract for building and engineering
• Alison Elliott (from Wellington) – information and documentation
• Peter Fisher (from Nelson) – earth moving machinery
• Committee of the Year – the Department of Internal Affairs Compliance Guide Advisory Group
• Standards Council Award for Outstanding Contribution to Standards and Standardisation – Derek Johns (from St Albans, Christchurch).
Read about all our winners in our media release.
About Standards New Zealand
Standards New Zealand is the operating arm of the Standards Council, and part of New Zealand’s standards and conformance infrastructure. Standards New Zealand is an autonomous Crown entity responsible for managing the development and distribution of Standards across a range of sectors nationally.
Standards New Zealand is a self-funded, not-for-profit organisation, relying on revenue primarily from contracts with sponsors to develop Standards, and from sales of Standards publications. Our independence helps us facilitate a cross section of stakeholders’ contributions to the development of Standards, and ensure that each Standard meets the needs of end users.
Stay in touch
The question is not what you gain from standardisation, it’s what you lose without it.
Standards New Zealand – Setting the Standard for 80 years (1932 – 2012)