Avaya Introduces Comprehensive Video Collaboration Solution
Avaya Introduces Comprehensive and Affordable Video Collaboration Solution for Small and Midsized Enterprises
Video Collaboration Solution for IP Office combines desktop,
mobile and HD room system capabilities with rich data
· Easy to deploy and easy to use, designed for Avaya IP Office, and provides HD experiences even on low bandwidth connections
· Provides exceptional value with an all-in-one solution that helps SMEs improve productivity and efficiency and enhance customer interactions
ORLANDO, Fla., – Avaya has announced the Avaya Video Collaboration Solution for IP Office, an all-new video collaboration solution designed specifically for the small and midsize enterprise segment (SME). The Avaya Video Collaboration Solution for IP Office provides simple, affordable yet comprehensive desktop, mobile and HD room-system video collaboration capabilities. Avaya IP Office is the company’s flagship unified communications solution for small and midsize enterprises.
research firm IDC, 30 per cent of midsized firms are
currently using some videoconferencing resources beyond
simple webcams. Intentions are at roughly the same level,
which sets the stage for significant growth – the number
of small and midsized firms using video collaboration could
potentially double in the next 12 months[i].
The Avaya Video Collaboration Solution is unique in its ability to deliver BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and HD room-system capabilities in a single, highly affordable and easy to deploy solution for SMEs. It delivers rich collaborative capabilities that help increase productivity, enhance customer service, and lower the overall cost of doing business.
The Avaya Video Collaboration Solution offers
the following features:
• · Direct integration including a common dial plan with Avaya IP Office Version 8.1.
• · A “virtual conference room” for up to eight participants with click-to-join capabilities from any standards-based room system, desktop or mobile device.
• · Freely distributed desktop and mobile video clients for PCs, Macs and the most popular iOS and Android devices – enabling those inside and outside an organisation to easily join a video meeting.
• · Low-bandwidth, HD multi-party video conferencing and rich data collaboration via native SIP/H.323.
• · The collaboration solution can also be deployed in an HD video conferencing room system configuration for maximum flexibility and value.
• · Automatic firewall traversal allows SMEs to engage with participants outside their network, enabling face-to-face meetings with customers and partners to help strengthen business relationships.
IDC Report: SMB Telephony: Current/Planned Telecom
Resource Use, 2013
“The change in UC demand reflects an
overt effort by leading UC vendors like Avaya to more fully
integrate video communications into their UC portfolio.
Coupled with recent product releases, Avaya’s new video
collaboration solution for IP Office is another example of
how video and UC integration is helping to deliver an
easy-to-use interface to initiate and join a video call.
This new packaged solution enables agile video connection
via room-based systems, desktop, and mobile devices for up
to eight participants. That represents an attractive option
for Avaya IP office customers and others, especially in the
SMB sector, to extensively deploy business grade video with
minimum requirement for IT support.”
--Jessie Yu, Industry Manager, UC&C, Asia-Pacific, Frost & Sullivan
“In a recent third-party report IP Office was recognised as the leading UC solution for small and mid-sized enterprises based on TCO, maintenance requirements and ease of deployment. By adding high-quality video conferencing to IP Office, we are raising the bar in terms of what customer should expect from their vendors. No one in the market offers a more comprehensive UC solution specifically designed for SMEs in the areas of features simplicity, and affordability.”
--Paul Chen, Products and
Solutions Director, APAC, Avaya
“We now have Avaya video solutions in every office – London, Nashville, NY, Los Angeles and Toronto – and our agents also use video while on the road, which is necessary in an industry where travel is a job requirement. Avaya video significantly enhances our ability to interact amongst colleagues, with musicians and with partners, and it adds a powerful new dimension to international calls. We tried other video solutions, but they just did not even compare to the high-quality and flexibility of Avaya’s technology. With Avaya’s simple, cost-effective and rock-solid video solution, our ability to share information and make fast, smart decisions is better than ever.”
--Howie Gold, CIO, The Agency Group