NZ Qualifications Forum
Tuesday 12 November
Hotel InterContinental, Wellington
The Industry Training Federation is proud to convene the fifth annual NZ Qualifications Forum.
The NZ Qualifications Forum brings people from government agencies, ITOs, providers and industry together to discuss common issues and innovative approaches to qualification development and assessment.
This year’s forum focuses on putting Government Policy into practice. The Tertiary Education Strategy has identified six strategic priorities for 2014-2019. In particular, the focus on delivering skills for industry, getting at-risk young people into a career, improving adult literacy and numeracy, and growing international linkages will require all those involved in the qualification space to think innovatively, and act collaboratively.
Qualifications are a hot topic, both here in NZ and around the globe. The forum will reflect this by featuring a variety of sessions including:
• A keynote address from Jeanette Allen, Chair of the International Professional Skills Network on international transferability of skills and qualifications
• Qualifications reform in the context of the broader Government agenda
• Ensuring qualifications recognise people who are work capable, not just work ready, especially for our youth
• National graduate profiles for foundation learners
• The impact of the Targeted Review of Qualifications on industry and learner needs
• Consistency arrangements for graduates of NZ Qualifications
This one-day forum is a popular event for people with an interest in qualifications and has sold out in both of the last two years. Register now to ensure your attendance.