Thomson Reuters launches new Cloud-based System
Thomson Reuters launches new Cloud-based Practice Management System for small law firms, sole practitioners and Barristers
Firm Central is the only Cloud-based service integrating practice management with legal research
Legal information and solutions provider, Thomson Reuters, is today announcing the New Zealand launch of Firm Central, a unique new practice management tool that could revolutionise the way sole practitioners, small law firms, and Barristers operate.
Available from August 2015, Firm Central has been developed specifically for the needs of smaller legal practices, and is the only cloud-based practice management tool in the market that integrates with essential business applications such as legal research tools, time and billing, document production and Outlook calendars.
It contains a range of powerful features aimed at helping professionals achieve more for less, as well as streamlining their existing workflow processes and driving firm-wide efficiencies. These include:
- Matter and Document Organisation - Firm Central stores all files related to a matter in electronic folders, enabling them to be shared easily across a legal practice, and allowing current and past matter information to be located quickly.
- Infinitylaw Time & Billing - Legal practices will get the benefit of Firm Central integration with proven Infinitylaw software to record time, generate bills, operate Trust and Cost Ledgers, and provide performance and management reporting. Infinitylaw is an established practice management solution developed in New Zealand and widely used by New Zealand lawyers.
- Integration - Firm Central seamlessly integrates with other Thomson Reuters solutions such as Westlaw NZ for legal research and forms & precedents, as well as Microsoft Outlook calendar, making it easy for users to seamlessly manage all their activity from one platform.
- Mobile working – Firm Central is accessible via desktop, laptop, tablet, or Smartphone and fully supports remote working practices.
- Security - Firm Central features enterprise-class security features including encrypted storage, nightly backup and restricted employee access.
- Global Search - Firm Central’s powerful Global Search function allows users to search the text itself - not just document titles - from matter files, documents, notes, and anything else related to a client or matter, in seconds.
Haydn Davies, Thomson Reuters NZ Country Manager says: “We pride ourselves on the fact that our products and solutions are developed in response to the challenges and issues facing our customers. We understand that smaller legal practices are often challenged by lack of time and resources, and often have to make do with practice management tools that may be manual or unsupported.”
James Boocock, General Manager for Legal Solutions at Thomson Reuters Australia and New Zealand, adds: “Firm Central removes these inefficiencies, seamlessly integrating into a lawyer’s working day , helping them to operate more smartly, and improving profitability along the way. To put it simply, there is no better or more powerful tool available in the market.”