Applications open for 2017 DB Leading Lights Scholarships
18 October 2016
Applications now open for 2017 DB Leading Lights Scholarships
DB Breweries is delighted to announce that applications are now open for the 2017 DB Leading Light Scholarships.
The scholarships are awarded to members of the South Auckland business community, with the aim of further developing and enhancing the pool of first class leadership talent in the region.
In partnership with the New Zealand Leadership Institute (NZLI), five ‘DB Leading Lights’ will be selected to take part in the NZLI Leadership Mindset Programme in 2017.
DB Breweries Corporate Relations Manager, Amber McEwen, says she is thrilled to see the scholarship programme extend into its third year. “DB has been based in South Auckland for more than 85 years and we’re committed to continuing to grow with our community. Through our ‘Brewing a Better World programme’, we’re working on initiatives that enable us to support and develop our wider South Auckland community from both a social and environmental standpoint.
These scholarships are designed to foster development and learning opportunities for South Auckland based leaders to enable a step-change in their personal and professional lives. We believe that this will have a positive flow on effect to the wider community in which we all operate. And we couldn’t ask for a better partner in New Zealand Leadership Institute – their programmes are truly world class.”
A DB Leading Light Scholarship recipient in 2014, Barbara Ngawati, a middle leader at Manurewa High School, says the NZLI programme challenged her professional and personal beliefs, values and understandings of leadership. “The outcome has informed the evolution of my own educational leadership practice as well as influence staff and students so that together we are making a greater impact in our school and community.”
Dr Lester Levy, founding Head of NZLI says, “We once again appreciate the opportunity to work alongside DB Breweries in support of their community and admire their generosity in supporting leadership development in South Auckland. We look forward with excitement to meeting the 2017 DB Leading Light Scholarship winners.”
Since founder Morton Coutts’ created continuous fermentation – a brewing breakthrough even by current standards, DB has put leadership, and leading edge thinking and innovation, at the heart of its business. Today, DB continues to lead the industry as a responsible beer and cider producer, which is committed to growing its people, its communities and reducing its environmental footprint.
The DB Leading Light scholarships are open to all managers and leaders who live or work in the South Auckland area.
Applications close at midnight on November 8 with successful recipients notified mid-December 2016.
About the DB Leading Light Scholarships
• The DB Leading Light Scholarships are now in their third year, with five scholarships available to the NZLI Leadership Mindset Programme.
• The scholarships are open to all managers and leaders who live or work in the South Auckland area.
• Each scholarship provides funding for the recipient to attend the NZLI Leadership Mindset Programme in 2017. This comprises three two-day non-residential workshops on 30-31 March, 4-5 May and 15-16 June.
• Closing date for all applications is midnight on Tuesday, 8 November 2016.
• For further information please contact: email@example.com or Tel: (021) 194 0429
About The New Zealand Leadership Institute (NZLI)
• The New Zealand Leadership Institute is a university-level national leadership research and development institute established in 2004 with the University of Auckland and business partners.
• The New Zealand Leadership Institute’s leadership programmes are strongly informed by cutting-edge international research including the Institute’s own research. Participants from the Institute’s programmes consistently acknowledge the unique approach to leadership and learning that stimulates fundamental shifts in their leadership, perceptions, relationships and practices. www.nzli.co.nz
About the partnership
• DB is a proud sponsor of the University of Auckland Business School and has supported the New Zealand Leadership Institute for many years.
• Former DB Managing Director, Brian Blake, is the current NZLI Board chair.