Entries for Hair Expo Awards are now open
ENTRIES FOR 2017 SCHWARZKOPF PROFESSIONAL HAIR EXPO AWARDS ARE NOW OPEN!
Thursday 3 November 2016, Sydney: Entries for the 2017 Schwarzkopf Professional Hair Expo Awards are now open. The coveted awards celebrate the creativity, passion and business acumen of hair industry professionals across Australia and New Zealand – the complete picture of what exceptional hairdressing is.
In 2017, new entry criteria has been introduced, including the option to enter images from a photo shoot also used for other purposes* and an extended entry period with first-round submissions due on Friday 7 April 2017. Entrants are also encouraged to enter the recently introduced state categories, which aim to propel talent in the regions.
A judging panel of 12 international and 12 local judges will select creative category finalists based on their photographic collection submissions; and a selection of local judges will select business category finalists based on written submissions. Photos will be judged anonymously and all finalists will be announced at a cocktail event in Sydney, late April 2017.
The selected creative category finalists will then be required to craft a written entry component, which should describe their body of work throughout the year: career highlights, scope of work, inspiring people, giving back and raising industry standards. Judges will then determine the overall winners in each creative category, based on the combined strength of the written and photographic entry components. For the categories of Australian Hairdresser of the Year and New Zealand Hairdresser of the Year, only the international judging panel will assess written submissions.
“We’re proud of our truly global network of the most revered hairdressing icons, built on more than 30 years of connecting the world with Australia. Twelve of these legends will again judge our awards in 2017.” said Hair Expo Australia Event Director, Julia Erben. “We always update our awards to improve the benefits for the industry. We acknowledge the creative and financial investment that goes into entering the Hair Expo Awards and for 2017 we have introduced new criteria to encourage smart planning. One photo shoot can now serve different purposes: to create your awards collection and to create other images for your portfolio.”*
The Schwarzkopf Professional Hair Expo Awards are the longest-standing, most prestigious industry awards in Australasia and have been elevating the hair industry for more than 30 years. A gala celebration announcing the winners will be held at Hair Expo Australia’s new Sydney home at the International Convention Centre (ICC), Darling Harbour, on Monday 12 June 2017.
What’s new for 2017:
Entrants can enter images from a photo shoot also used for other purposes*
Entrants’ Hair Expo Awards photographic collections can be created within a photo shoot that is also being used for another purpose, i.e. creating a second collection. Images must have a different treatment to those images used for other purposes, with the minimum points of difference being:
• If elsewhere the collection is colour, then it must be changed to black and white or vice versa for the Hair Expo Awards entry
• A different background must be used
• The photo must be taken from a different angle
• These fresh images can’t be published anywhere (online or otherwise) prior to the Hair Awards Finalist Announcement
• The hair, model and clothing can be the same as long as the above conditions are met
*Please note: The above does not apply to the categories of Australian Hairdresser of the Year and New Zealand Hairdresser of the Year.
More time for entries
Deadline for the first round of entries is Friday 7 April 2017:
• Photographic collections only for all creative categories
• Written submissions only for the business category entries
Hair Expo Awards will have new prizes for all categories including sponsorship of the winner’s post-win PR campaign.
Apprentices now submit only four photos
For the Apprentice category (which has no entry fee), entrants will now only need to submit four photos for their entry collection (instead of six as per previous years).
- ends -
Notes to editors:
Hair Expo Awards categories for 2017 are as follows:
2017 CREATIVE CATEGORIES |
• Apprentice Student of the Year
• Australian Hairdresser of the Year
• Best Salon Design
• Colour Technician of the Year
• Men’s Hairdresser/Barber of the Year
• New Creative Force
• New Zealand Hairdresser of the Year
• NSW-ACT Hairdresser of the Year
• QLD Hairdresser of the Year
• Salon Team of the Year
• SA-TAS Hairdresser of the Year
• Session Stylist of the Year
• VIC Hairdresser of the Year
• WA-NT Hairdresser of the Year
• Education Business of the Year
• Educator of the Year
• Industry Business Performance of the Year
• Salon Business of the Year