New Ford Ranger and Everest Special Editions Coming in May
Black is the new Black; New Ford Ranger and Everest Special Editions Coming in May
• Ford New Zealand Launches New Ranger FX4 and Everest FX2, the First Special Editions based on the Award-Winning Ranger XLT and Rugged yet Refined Ford Everest SUV
• Arriving in dealerships in May, the Ranger FX4 and Everest FX2, both in Shadow Black, feature tough new looks and are loaded with unique updates
• Featuring SYNC®3, Ford’s latest infotainment platform, ensures the limited editions have the smarts to match its looks
AUCKLAND, New Zealand 5 April 2017 – Ford New Zealand is introducing two special edition vehicles. Available from May 1, the Ford Ranger FX4 and the Ford Everest FX2 will offer customers a unique look and a bit more attitude from New Zealand’s top-selling ute and one of the most capable large SUVs on the market.
In recognition of the upcoming Lions tour, the Ranger FX4 and Everest FX2 are available exclusively Shadow Black. The Ranger FX4 is limited to 200 vehicles available in New Zealand and the Everest FX2 is limited to just 50 vehicles.
New Ranger FX4
The Ranger FX4 arrives as the Ford Ranger’s popularity continues to grow. In 2016, 8476 Ford Rangers sold in New Zealand - a growth rate of more than 20 per cent over 2015 sales. The Ranger has been the best-selling new vehicle in the country for the last two years. And in 2017, the Ford Ranger has already taken an early lead as the country’s number one new vehicle with an astounding 810 Ford Rangers sold in March alone.
Jeremy Nash, Ford New Zealand Marketing Manager for Light Commercial and SUVs, says it is a tough ask taking a vehicle that is already a winning combination of capability and design and making it even better.
“The Ranger FX4 makes a great ute even more extraordinary with its unique style and boldness, and that’s a difficult thing to do with a vehicle that already looks great and has won so many awards including the NZAA and Motoring Writers’ Guild’s Best in Class five years in a row,” said Jeremy Nash. “The designers have risen to the challenge though and done a great job with this one. We don’t expect the limited numbers to last long.”
The Ranger FX4 adds the following features to the standard Ranger XLT:
• Larger, Stark Grey Alloy Wheels (18-inch) with New Unique Design
• Black Roof Rails
• Black Bonnet and Tailgate Decal Wraps
• Side Decals with ‘FX4’ Branding
• Black Sports Bar, Rear Bumper, Side Steps and Door Handles
• Black Grille (with Unique Design), Fog Lamp Bezels, Exterior Mirrors and Fender Features
• Leather Accented ‘FX4’ Branded Seats
• Front and Rear Carpet Mats
• Black Interior Highlights
The Ranger FX4 has an RRP of $65,390*.
*Recommended Retail Price only. Price shown includes GST but excludes On Road Costs. The selling price of any vehicle is at the discretion of the selling Dealer.
New Everest FX2
Based on the Everest Trend, the new Everest FX2 not only arrives as a special edition with a similar treatment as the Ranger FX4 but it is also the introduction of a RWD Everest to the range.
The FX2, also on sale from 1 May, is limited to only 50 vehicles and features a number of unique enhancements including:
• Rear Wheel Drive
• Leather Seat trim with ‘FX2’ logo
• New 18" Alloy Wheels – Semi Gloss ‘Depth Graphite’
• Front Grille – Painted Black
• Tinted Windows
• Black Roof Rails
• Rear & Front Guard badges – Painted Black
The Ford Everest FX2 RWD has an RSP of $69,990*.
*Recommended Special Price only. Price shown includes GST but excludes On Road Costs. The selling price of any vehicle is at the discretion of the selling Dealer.
Beauty and Brains: SYNC3
Ranger FX4 and the Everest FX2 have the looks and, thanks to SYNC®31, the brains to match. SYNC®3 is Ford’s latest in-vehicle communications and entertainment platform that features Apple CarPlay3, Android Auto3, faster performance, more conversational voice recognition, intuitive smartphone-like touchscreen and an improved graphic user interface.
• New ‘Home’ screen with clearer layout and large icons for quicker access to functions including audio system, climate control, smartphone (including compatible apps) and satellite navigation.
• New 8.0-inch touchscreen with capacitive touch technology allows ‘pinch and swipe’ capability on select features (similar to a smartphone or tablet).
• Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration includes ability to access Apple Siri4 and Google Now5 (with compatible device).
• Compatible apps include Spotify6, Pandora7 and Google Maps8.
• More customisable and easier-to-navigate settings and user preferences.
# # # #
1 Not all SYNC® 3 features are compatible with all phones. For compatibility, see ford.com.au/sync.
2 This is a prestige paint option that that incurs an additional charge.
3 Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google Inc. Both require phones with compatible versions of Apple iOS and Android™ (respectively), active data service and genuine USB cable (available separately). Message and data rates may apply.
SYNC® does not control Apple CarPlay or Android Auto while in use; Apple Inc and Android™ (respectively) are responsible for their functionality. Warning: Local laws prohibit some or all of the text messaging functions while driving. Check your local road rules before using these functions.
4 Siri is a trademark of Apple Inc. Siri is not supported on all phones. May require additional data services and equipment.
5 Google Now is a trademark of Google Inc.
6 Requires phone compatible with Spotify app, additional data services and equipment.
7 PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc.
8 Google Maps is a trademark of Google Inc.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company is a global automotive and mobility company based in Dearborn, Michigan. With about 201,000 employees and 62 plants worldwide, the company’s core business includes designing, manufacturing, marketing, financing and servicing a full line of Ford cars, trucks, SUVs and electrified vehicles, as well as Lincoln luxury vehicles. To expand its business model, Ford is aggressively pursuing emerging opportunities with investments in electrification, autonomy and mobility. Ford provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products and services, please visit www.corporate.ford.co.nz.