Queenstown Airport monthly passenger traffic report
Queenstown Airport monthly passenger traffic report - September 2017
The total number of passengers travelling through the terminal increased by 11% compared with last year to 163,498 passengers in September.
• Domestic traffic was up 10% on September last year. There was minimal effect to Queenstown services due to the Auckland fuel disruption with only two flights cancelled.
• International passengers were up 13% compared with last September, which was driven by strong growth in the first half of the month.
• The 12-month passenger numbers reached 1.96 million, up 14% compared to the previous 12 months
other points of interest:
• After dark flights in September carried 24% more passengers than the same month in 2016.
• September shows a strong result when compared to the same period last year, particularly because September 2016 included New Zealand and Australian school holidays.
• This year New Zealand school holidays fell in October, while NSW and VIC holidays spanned 1 week in September and 1 week in October, and QLD holidays all fell in September.
For more airport statistics please visit www.queenstownairport.co.nz/stats.