Auckland Growth Monitor & Index Launch Today
New Tools Showcase Auckland’s Economic Performance
Auckland Growth Monitor And Index Launch Today
• The first Auckland Growth Monitor report and Auckland Index (an interactive, online data tool) have been published today.
• The complementary tools will provide local companies and organisations with data on trends in the economy to inform their decision making, and will also promote Auckland as a business destination.
• The tools have been developed by Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED).
Auckland’s economy is continuing to grow, solidifying the region’s status as New Zealand’s economic powerhouse – a fact which is supported by two new economic tools launched today.
The Auckland Growth Monitor – an annual report covering a wide range of areas across Auckland’s economy, and the Auckland Index – an interactive, online tool using data from the Auckland Growth Monitor, have both been published online for the first time today.
The complementary tools have been developed by Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED) – the region’s economic growth agency and an Auckland Council Controlled organisation.
Patrick McVeigh, ATEED General Manager Business, Innovation & Skills, says the Auckland Growth Monitor and Auckland Index are complementary tools which will be invaluable to businesses across the region and those interested in Auckland’s growth.
“As Auckland’s economic growth agency, ATEED plays an important role in collating and disseminating quality data and insights about Auckland’s economy – and theAuckland Growth Monitor and Auckland Index will help achieve this.”
The Auckland Growth Monitor has been created to communicate key information about Auckland’s economic performance, with a particular focus on regional trends since the turn of the millennium, along with in depth analysis of the previous 12 month period.
It also highlights key information about Auckland’s people, businesses, economy and sectors of competiveness, providing a regular snapshot of the region’s economy and its place in the national and global economy.
The Auckland Growth Monitor is supported by the Auckland Index – an online tool which will be updated quarterly, providing access to the most up-to-date Auckland data.
The Auckland Index includes interactive digital content which can be personalised and shared online, covering the visitor economy, innovation, talent and economic performance – all areas which contribute directly to Auckland’s prosperity.
Patrick McVeigh says: “Auckland is an innovative, globally connected city and the economic powerhouse of New Zealand – a country which is ranked first in the world for ease of doing business.”
“These tools provide further valuable support to our local businesses and organisations, enabling them to gain greater insights into emerging trends and helping them to make better informed business decisions.”
economic growth agency, ATEED aims to promote the region's
economic progress. The Auckland Growth Monitor and Index are
key to this, and will also help in our efforts to promote
Auckland as a business destination.”
The Auckland Growth Monitor can be downloaded here, and Auckland Index can be found at www.aucklandnz.com/auckland-index.
• The Auckland Growth Monitor and Auckland Index are comprised of data from sources including Statistics New Zealand, NZ Institute of Economic Research, Infometrics, Auckland Council and ATEED.
• The Auckland Growth Monitor will be published annually. It can be downloaded (16MB file) at the following link: https://www.aucklandnz.com/sites/build_auckland/files/media-library/documents/AucklandGrowthMonitor_v8.pdf
• The Auckland Index will be updated quarterly, or as data becomes available.
• The Auckland Index is an updated version of Auckland’s Innovation Dashboard. (http://innovation.aucklandnz.com) which was recently recognised at the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) Awards, winning a gold award.
• Auckland Index graphs which track more than one set of data can be customised so only selected data is presented. To remove data from a table, deselect the data set you wish to remove.
• For details on how to embed the Auckland Index graphs, or any other questions, visithttps:// aucklandnz.com/auckland-index/contact-us.
• Both tools can be found on the Auckland Economic Profile page ofwww.aucklandnz.com: https://www.aucklandnz.com/business-and-investment/economy-and-sectors/aucklands-economic-profile.