Uni Shorts goes global as student film-makers converge on NZ
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Programme, Judges confirmed for Uni Shorts 2013
4 April 2013 - Auckland, NZ
Get your tickets online at www.unishorts.unitec.ac.nz
The Uni Shorts International Student Film Festival committee is pleased to announce the programme and judging panel for its second annual festival taking place at Unitec's Mt Albert campus, in Auckland, New Zealand on Saturday 13th April - Sunday 14th April. The full programme is attached with the highlights being:
Programme, Judges confirmed for Uni Shorts 2013
* Keynote address
by Indie filmmaker, Chris 'Doc' Wyatt (producer of 2004 cult
hit Napoleon Dynamite) who shares his personal
journey from alternative, low budget filmmaker to successful
* Panel sessions with guest industry speakers who will provide their perspectives on finding an audience for your content; how your expertise as a content maker is valuable to the market place and the diversifying nature of content and the platforms they are dealing with.
* Audience vote for overall best film award.
* Awards night at Carringtons Pumphouse at Unitec on Sunday 14 April from 4:30pm - 7:30pm.
Chris Wyatt also joins our esteemed judging panel alongside award-winning film-makers; Briar March (director of multi-award winning documentary, There once was an island); Zia Mandviwalla (director of Nightshift - Show me Shorts 2012 winner), and Yuhei Higashikata (Japanese visual artist).
Don't miss an exciting weekend of student film-making goodness, screenings of new short film works from around the world, plus much more!
"Student film-makers, teachers of film students and those starting out in the industry will find real value in attending Uni Shorts 2013. Our line-up of seminars will address issues important to emerging film-makers as they staircase into an industry that is evolving all the time and they need to adapt to these changes," says festival chairperson, Athina Tsoulis.
How do I get tickets to Uni Shorts?
* Book your tickets online at www.unishorts.unitec.ac.nz or call (09) 815 4321 ext. 7284
* Ticket prices: NZ$60 general / NZ$40
students/guild members / NZ$20 Unitec students/alumni
- All tickets include both morning & afternoon tea plus lunch for both days - great value! Ticket price covers entry to the festival for both days only and do not include entry to the Awards Night (see below).
Awards Night tickets NZ$30 per person.
- Film entrants who have submitted a film to Uni Shorts get one FREE ENTRY to Uni Shorts.
- Film entrants who are finalists get one FREE ENTRY to Uni Shorts and one FREE ENTRY to the Awards Night. To claim your free entry tickets book online www.unishorts.unitec.ac.nz
* For Media Accreditation: Email your name/company/position/coverage requests and contact details to Peter Rees at email@example.com or call (09) 815 4321 ext. 7284.
Once you have registered online you can pick up your tickets/passes at the registration desk on arrival at the festival. Students/Guild members please bring ID with you.
How to get to Uni
The main venue is the Red Lecture Theatre at Unitec's Mt Albert campus (map below). Enter through Entry (Gate) 3 off Carrington Rd and follow the signs.