Boat Show Unlikely to Be Affected by Distractions
May 16, 2018
Tomorrow's Boat Show Unlikely to Be Affected by Budget, Royal Wedding Or Weather
Neither the announcements in tomorrow's budget, the weekend's royal wedding or the threat of unpleasant weather are likely to affect Kiwis' enthusiasm for boating - or for New Zealand's largest boat show, which opens in Auckland tomorrow.
Kiwi boats are expected to be queueing in large numbers tomorrow morning as they wait for the Hutchwilco New Zealand Boat Show to open at 10am.
They will be there to see:
* The world's largest outboard - 627hp V8 - first time in NZ!
* The world's largest diesel outboard - 300hp - first time in NZ!
* The world's largest & most valuable gate prize ever - a $200,000-plus boat - will be won by a show-goer on Sunday night
* NZ's first electric boat
* The latest models from Kiwi world-leading amphibious boat manufacturer, Sealegs
* The very latest boats from NZ's world class boatbuilders
The Hutchwilco New Zealand Boat Show, NZ's largest, longest running (since 1956!) and most popular boat show is at the ASB Showgrounds in Greenlane from tomorrow until Sunday, open 10am to 6pm daily (late night Friday to 9pm).
For more information or to report on the show:
- Go to Gate 1 on Greenlane Rd and show media pass/credentials to security