Geneva Healthcare Endorses Targeted Vaccination Programme
Geneva Healthcare Endorses the Government’s Targeted Vaccination Programme
government recently announced a targeted meningococcal
vaccination programme which will be rolled out in Northland
in the hope of stopping the sudden outbreak of meningococcal
The government aims to vaccinate two age groups: children aged between nine months to four years (inclusive) and children aged between thirteen to nineteen years (inclusive). Based on research, the government has determined that vaccinating these two particular age groups is the most effective way of combating meningococcal disease. The free three week community vaccination programme will be starting on Wednesday 5 December until Friday 21 December, 7 days a week, at selected high schools and community centres across Northland.
The government’s response of targeted vaccinations in Northland is welcomed by Geneva Healthcare. “While Geneva acknowledges that vaccines are a personal choice, we see this joint initiative by the Ministry of Health and Northland DHB as a necessary step towards ensuring the healthcare of New Zealanders is protected. We highly encourage those eligible to avail of this service,” says Lindie Van Wyk, Geneva Healthcare National Clinical Manager.
For more information go to: https://www.northlanddhb.org.nz
About Geneva Healthcare
We are New Zealand’s
trusted experts in aged care, illness, injury & disability
support. Since 1996, we’ve been supporting New Zealanders
to live their best life and thrive by keeping well, living
independently and staying connected with their
We are part of the largest network of healthcare service providers working closely with the Ministry of Health, District Health Boards, Ministry of Social Development, and with ACC as a preferred national provider to give our Clients 24/7 wraparound support with our qualified, security-checked, Geneva Certified workers, nurses and Allied Health professionals, who are carefully selected to match their needs. Our clinically approved support plans are personalised for our Client’s requirements and preferences.
Our services are free to those eligible for government funded support. We also provide private funded services.
• Aged Care (Personal Care, Home Help, Companionship, Dementia Care, Palliative Care, and more)
• Community Nursing Services
• Respite Care/Carer Support
• Injury Support (including Spinal & Brain Injury Care), Post-Surgical & Post Accident Care
• Support to manage illness (Short Term or Chronic Long Term Support)
• Disability Support including Rehabilitation, Employment and Residential
• Flexible Disability Support Services: Individualised Funding, Enabling Good Lives, Living My Life
• Clinical Psychology Services and Professional Rehabilitation
• Child Care, Care for Medically Fragile Children
• Health Staffing (Temporary Staffing, Permanent Recruitment) and Training
With a highly trained, multicultural workforce and offices nationwide, we are a leading force in the industry known for creativity and technology driven innovative solutions that enable us to be more responsive in the delivery of high quality healthcare services.