Questions For Oral Answer May 5
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements; if so, why?
2. TIM MACINDOE to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on low inflation in New Zealand, and how does that benefit households and businesses?
3. ANDREW LITTLE to the Prime Minister: Does he enforce high standards of conduct on all his Ministers, including himself?
4. DAVID SEYMOUR to the Minister for Economic Development: What are the fiscal risks to the Crown from Tracey Martin’s New Zealand International Convention Centre Act 2013 Repeal Bill, if any?
5. PAUL FOSTER-BELL to the Minister of Science and Innovation: What is the Government doing to grow business-led research and development?
6. ANDREW LITTLE to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement in relation to achieving a surplus that it is like “landing a 747 on a pinhead”?
7. SARAH DOWIE to the Minister for Workplace Relations and Safety: How will Budget 2015 help strengthen compliance with minimum employment standards?
8. KEVIN HAGUE to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by all his statements?
9. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Health: Are New Zealanders who require elective surgery receiving it in a timely manner?
10. STUART SMITH to the Minister for Disability Issues: How is the Government’s investment in the New Zealand Sign Language Fund helping sign language users to promote and maintain the language during Sign Language Week?
11. EUGENIE SAGE to the Minister of Conservation: Does she agree with Professor Mark Urban that New Zealand’s indigenous species are at greater risk of extinction from climate change than species in many other parts of the world; and if not, why not?
12. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement that “returning to surplus and repaying debt are among the most important things the Government can do to ensure New Zealand can withstand future shocks and build a more competitive economy based on exports and new jobs”; if so, will there be a surplus for the 2014/15 year?
QUESTIONS TO MEMBERS
1. Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Chairperson of the Justice and Electoral Committee: How many submitters on the New Zealand Flag Referendums Bill have asked to be heard by the committee and of those how many has she requested to attend to give evidence?
2. Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Chairperson of the Justice and Electoral Committee: How many submitters to the committee on the New Zealand Flag Referendums Bill requesting a yes/no vote has she requested attend to give evidence out of those who made submissions on this point?