Parliament: Oral Questions - 23 June 2020
Questions to Ministers
- TODD MULLER to the Prime Minister: Does she stand by her statement, “we had an expectation that testing was happening in day 3 and day 12 at the moment we went into alert level 1”; if so, on what factual basis was that expectation formed?
- TAMATI COFFEY to the Minister of Finance: He aha ngā rīpoata hou kua kitea e ia mō te ōhanga o Aotearoa? Translation: What recent reports has he seen on the New Zealand economy?
- Hon PAUL GOLDSMITH to the Minister of Finance: What is he doing to monitor the success of major Government spending initiatives, including the Business Finance Guarantee Scheme?
- Hon MICHAEL WOODHOUSE to the Minister of Housing: How many people left quarantine or managed isolation between 23 May and 16 June, and how many of those people, if any, left without a COVID-19 test being taken?
- GINNY ANDERSEN to the Minister of Housing: What action has the Government taken to strengthen managed isolation and quarantine facilities?
- Hon JUDITH COLLINS to the Minister for Economic Development: Does he stand by his statement of 1 April 2020, “The Government has tasked a group of industry leaders to seek out infrastructure projects that are ready to start as soon as the construction industry returns to normal to reduce the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic”; if so, when does he expect to announce those projects?
- MARAMA DAVIDSON to the Minister for Climate Change: What recent announcements has he made about New Zealand Green Investment Finance decisions on climate change?
- CHRIS BISHOP to the Minister of Transport: Has the chair of the New Zealand Transport Agency written to him advising of a shortfall of at least $1 billion in the National Land Transport Fund; if so, what impacts, if any, would this shortfall have on transport projects due for funding through the National Land Transport Fund?
- MARJA LUBECK to the Minister of Education: What action is the Government taking to support New Zealanders to retrain for new employment opportunities post-COVID-19?
- Hon AMY ADAMS to the Minister of Health: What involvement, if any, does he have in setting the criteria and the assessment of the COVID-19 alert levels, and what information will the Ministry of Health use to make an assessment of whether to amend the levels?
- Dr SHANE RETI to the Minister of Employment: What are the criteria for entry into his six employment programmes, and how is success measured?
- RAYMOND HUO to the Minister of Immigration: What initiatives to support refugees and their families were announced in Budget 2020?