White Ribbon is calling out to end violence against women
White Ribbon is calling out to end
violence against women
White Ribbon Auckland Central organising committee is calling out Aucklanders, especially Central Auckland businesses, organisations, residents, workers and visitors to join the White Ribbon Day March on 25th November 2015in the heart of the city.
Every year, November is White Ribbon Month and 25th November is celebrated as the White Ribbon Day. This year White Ribbon is mobilising collective action against violence towards women in Auckland city through two events – White Ribbon Dinner & White Ribbon March.
Some shocking reminders
1. Aotearoa NZ has the highest rate of Domestic Violence in the developed world
2. 1 in 3 women in Aotearoa New Zealand experience violence from a partner in their lifetime
3. On average, 14 women are killed each year by a member of their own family
4. 50% of the 126 family violence deaths in Aotearoa New Zealand from 2009 to 2012 were caused by intimate partners
5. 73% of the deaths were women killed by their male intimate partners.
This is a call-to-action for everyone, particularly men, who can make a positive social difference in this area. In solidarity, we will all commit to support safe and healthy relationships with women and have the courage to challenge abusive behaviour in others.
More information and to sign up:
WHITE RIBBON DINNER & AWARDS NIGHT
6 pm to 10 pm, Saturday 21 November 2015
Alexandra Park Function Centre
Enquiries and bookings: Radwyn Bhana, firstname.lastname@example.org or 09 2824931
WHITE RIBBON MARCH & RALLY
10.30 AM – Gather for March at QE Square
10.45 AM – Karakia
11 AM – March starts at Queen Elizabeth Square through Queen Street and into Myers Park
11.45 AM – Arrival at Myers Park
11.45 AM to 1 PM – Speeches and performances
To support the White Ribbon campaign,
please donate here: