Petition of Appeal for Continuing Investigation of Jian Yang
Petition of Appeal for continuing investigation of MP Jian Yang and the activities of foreign agents
New Zealand Value Alliance (NZVA) advocates to support and defence of New Zealand values, and active integration into New Zealand society. The current members are mainly ethnic Chinese. As part of the Chinese community we witness all kinds of unusual circumstances that do not get mainstream attention or vigilance such as the recent media exposure of the investigation of MP Jian Yang by NZSIS indicates to us that both the Government and the community did not get enough attention, So we appeal as follows:
1. According to the proposed removal of Jian Yang’s right of New Zealand abode and citizenship, According to the New Zealand Immigration Law, to conceal important facts or provide false information,should result in the automatic cancellation of his Permanent resident visa/grant of New Zealand Citizenship. Jian Yang has publicly admitted in the media that when applying for the PR and citizenship, that he concealed the experience of learning and teaching service in the Chinese military and intelligence system. We strongly appeal that the NZ Immigration to conduct urgent investigations in accordance with New Zealand law and make available conclusions as soon as possible.
2. Commence an immediate independent full investigation of Jian Yang during which time he should be prohibited from holding any public position. Our understanding of Chinese United Front of PRC, the teachers or graduates from the Air Force Engineering University and PLA Luoyang Foreign Language College, who were approved to go abroad usually have an undercover intelligence gathering responsibility. Moreover Jian Yang have been able to obtain New Zealand Government positions that the Chinese Government will never ignore his opportunity to access and obtain information for them.
3. Commence investigations of local Chinese associations having overseas country endorsement and support and the abuse of the New Zealand Government community funding. As we know, many local Chinese community associations made public that they were subordinate departments of the local government agencies of the Chinese Government and are financed by various funds and activities provided from the Chinese Government. They also receive funding from the New Zealand Community. The leaders of their local societies are frequently assigned by the Chinese embassy and consulate or tacitly approved. The Chinese government also provides political contributions to local politicians through these societies. Such phenomena are becoming more and more serious.
4. Follow Australia in developing an act similar to "Foreign Agents Registration Act" to regulate and restrict agents of foreign interests from engaging in activities in New Zealand.
5. Follow the United States of America in developing an act such as the "Global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act" to prohibit corrupt officials and human rights persecutors in New Zealand.
We are happy to provide substantiating evidence if required.