Oversight Committee To Hold Valerie Plame Hearing
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Committee Will Hold Hearing on Disclosure of CIA Agent Valerie Plame Wilson's Identity
Chairman Henry A. Waxman announced a hearing on whether White House officials followed appropriate procedures for safeguarding the identity of CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson. At the hearing, the Committee will receive testimony from Ms. Wilson and other experts regarding the disclosure and internal White House security procedures for protecting her identity from disclosure and responding to the leak after it occurred. The hearing is scheduled for Friday, March 16.
In addition, the Committee today sent a letter to Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald commending him for his investigation and requesting a meeting to discuss testimony by Mr. Fitzgerald before the Committee.
The Oversight Committee will webcast the hearing live at www.oversight.house.gov.
Documents and Links
• Letter to Special Prosecutor Patrick J.
• Topic: Disclosure of CIA Agent Identity
• Rep. Waxman Calls for Public Accounting of Rove’s Actions in CIA Leak Case
• Questions and Answers about White House Security Clearances
• Former Intelligence Officials Testify About Damage Caused by Outing of Covert CIA Agent