Israeli Human Rights Violations in the OPT 26 Jul – 1 Aug
August 2, 20120 comments
Palestinian Centre for Human Rights
Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) Continue Systematic Attacks against Palestinian Civilians and Property in the Occupied Palestinian Territory (OPT)
• IOF killed a Palestinian worker and wounded 3 others at a checkpoint near Jerusalem.
• IOF use force
to disperse peaceful protest organized by Palestinian
civilians in the West Bank.
- 3 Palestinian civilians, including a child, and a Swedish human rights defender were wounded.
• IOF conducted 33 incursions into Palestinian
communities in the West Bank and a limited one into the Gaza
- IOF arrested 10 Palestinians, including a child, in the West Bank.
- IOF blew up a part of a house in Nablus.
• Israel has continued to impose a total closure
on the OPT and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside
- IOF arrested a Palestinian woman in the old town of Hebron.
• Israeli gunboats fired at Palestinian fishing boats in the Gaza Strip.
• IOF have continued
settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers
have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and
- Israeli settlers uprooted or burnt 30 olive trees in Nabi Saleh village near Ramallah.
violations of international law and humanitarian law in the
OPT continued during the reporting period (26 July – 01
On 30 July 2012, IOF killed a Palestinian worker and wounded 3 others at al-Zaeem checkpoint, east of occupied Jerusalem.
During the reporting period, IOF used force to disperse peaceful demonstrations organized in protest to the construction of the annexation wall and settlement activities in the West Bank. As a result, 3 Palestinian civilians, including a child, and a Swedish human rights defender, were wounded. Dozens of demonstrators also suffered from tear gas inhalation.
In the Gaza Strip, IOF continued to fire at Palestinian fishing boats. During the reporting period, PCHR documented two attacks in this regard, which did not cause casualties.
During the reporting period, IOF conducted at least 33 military incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank. During these incursions, IOF arrested 10 Palestinians, including a child.
The most violent house raid took place in Nablus, when IOF raided and searched a house 4 times in order to arrest a Palestinian. When they finally found it, they blew up the part of the house where he was hiding, apparently as a retaliatory act against the family for not telling about the place where he was hiding.
In the Gaza Strip, IOF conducted a limited incursion into al-Maghazi refugee camp, during which they leveled areas of Palestinian land which they had already razed.
The full report is available here