Monthly Traffic Update for July 2006
• Total international passengers declined 4.9% compared to
the same month last year.
• International arrivals increased 1.7%. However, this was offset by a 10.9% decline in international departures.
• The decline in international departures was primarily due to the Lions Tour which increased the international departures in July last year.
• Domestic passengers declined 2.9%, in part reflecting the Lions Tour impact noted above.
• International aircraft movements increased 2.1%, although domestic aircraft movements declined 2.4%.
• Positive growth in international arrivals was seen from New Zealand, USA, South Korea, China and Canada.