Liquefaction, rockfall and water supply are the main areas of concern following the cluster of aftershocks in Christchurch.
Large deposits of liquefaction have been identified in a number of areas.
People are reminded to stay away from the Port Hills unless they live there, or need to be there. Rock fall remains a potential hazard in hill areas.
All water and wastewater pump stations have power and are operative. Most houses should have water supply, except for those in the Sumner area due to a break in the water supply at the causeway overnight.
Water pressure is being maintained,
and there is no need to boil water.
- Christchurch City Council - Earthquake: Public Information Update #6
- New Zealand Labour Party - Parklands could be renamed Riverlands
- Canterbury District Health Board - Earthquake: 12 noon CDHB update
- Federated Farmers - Federated Farmers update: Rural Canterbury seems okay
- Save The Children - Continuation of Christchurch resilience-building programme
- Mode Partners - Safety first as Christchurch moves on from latest quakes
- Countdown Supermarket - Countdown Supermarkets - Christchurch Earthquake Update
- Emergency Management - Civil Defence Update 1000hrs Saturday
- Buildings - Palms Shopping Centre Closed
- Power - Orion earthquake response 9.30am
- Civil Defence Emergency Management - Update, 6.20pm, 23 December 2011
- Greens - Green Party extends support for Christchurch
- New Zealand Labour Party - Terrible end to a terrible year
- Canterbury District Health Board - Earthquake: 6 pm CDHB updates
- Christchurch International Airport - Christchurch Airport has just re-opened
- New Zealand Labour Party - Labour’s thoughts with Cantabrians
- Countdown Supermarket - Christchurch Earthquake update for Countdown Supermarkets
- Image Out-Link - GeoNet – Seismograph Drums - New Zealand National Seismograph Network
- NZ Police - Christchurch Earthquake - Update 3.30pm - Christchurch Earthquake Update 3pm 23/12/11 - Christchurch Earthquake Update
- The Scoop Team - Another Quake Rocks Christchurch
- NZ Govt - Hearts go out to people of Christchurch after latest quakes
- GNS Science - Quake Report Magnitude 6.0, 3:18pm 10km East of Christchurch - Earthquake - 1:58 pm 23/12/11, Mag 5.8, 2km NE of Lyttelton
- US Geological Survey - Earthquake Reports 23/12/11: 5.8 at 3:18pm, 5.3 at 2:06pm - 5.8 1:58
- Civil Defence Emergency Management - National Advisory - Earthquake
- Orion NZ Limited - Orion earthquake response 4.30pm - Orion earthquake response - 15000 estimated without power
- Christchurch City Council - Christchurch City Council on Quake
- Canterbury DHB - Update from Canterbury DBH following 5.8 quake
- Wellington Airport Limited - Wellington Airport Flights Disrupted by Quake
- Earthquake Commission - Three months to lodge EQC claim
- NZ Post - No Saturday Mail Deliveries in Chch Following Quake
- Public Address Out-Link - Nobody wanted #EQNZ for Christmas • Hard News