10 year plan submissions due Friday - Waitakere
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
10 year plan submissions due Friday
There are just three days to go before submissions to Waitakere’s draft 10 Year Plan close.
People have until 5pm, Friday 1 May to have their say on the plan, also known as the Long Term Council Community Plan (LTCCP). It sets out the council’s key priorities and projects over the next 10 years, and their estimated costs.
Best of the West – Waitakere’s Draft 10 Year Plan (2009/19) also identifies the main issues the community is encouraged to consider when making a submission, and asks specific questions on each of these.
The plan poses questions on several important
• the potential disposal of surplus land,
• the refurbishment of Wilsher Village – a retirement home in Henderson,
• the council’s contribution to Rugby World Cup 2011,
• possible change to the mobile library service,
• a plan to retrofit the city – insulating 20,000 homes by 2020 to ensure houses are warmer and dryer and provide a healthier environment for people.
Making a submission is easy.
• Go to www.waitakere.govt.nz and download a submission form or make a submission online.
Want to know more?
• Get a copy of the draft 10 year plan:
• At all Waitakere libraries and service centres and Citizen Advice Bureaux
• Online at www.waitakere.govt.nz
• By phoning the council’s 24-hour call centre on 839 0400.