SCIRT traffic update: Week starting Monday 14 September 2015
New Brighton Rd and Lake Terrace Corner – expect peak time delays
Major wastewater repairs were delayed and are now due to start this week on New Brighton Rd at Lake Terrace Rd corner. This work will take about four months. New Brighton Rd commuters should expect peak time delays and consider using alternative routes:
• New Brighton Rd down to one lane. Temporary traffic lights will maintain two-way traffic.
• Lake Terrace Rd closes at New Brighton Rd intersection. Resident access via Burwood Rd.
Please take extra care and look out for children when driving past the Waitakiri School which is very close to this project’s work site.
Richmond Hill Rd – night works with 9pm-6am road closure
Two nights of work on Richmond Hill Rd from Thursday 17 Sept will close the road9pm-6am. It will be open for two 15 minute slots, 11:00-11:15pm and 2:15-2:30am. For information or to arrange access to your home or car outside of these timeslots please call 0800 277 3434.
SCIRT in the Central City – expect delays and avoid during peak times
• The south side of Moorhouse Ave between Antigua and Stewart Sts has reduced lanes and fewer on-street parks for 1 week. Eastbound (towards city) traffic should consider an alternative route during peak times.
• Fitzgerald Ave has reduced lanes between Lichfield and St Asaph Sts for about 3 weeks. Major entry/exit restrictions at Fitzgerald and St Asaph intersections. Consider alternatives.
• Manchester St is southbound only between Gloucester and Hereford Sts.
There are many organisations rebuilding our Central City. Check the best way to get in and around the city at: www.tfc.govt.nz
Please take extra care around this busy area as SCIRT installs a new resilient wastewater system for this community. See the Aranui map for bus routes and detours.
From this week:
• The south side of Pages Rd/Rowan Ave corner will close for about 6 weeks. The Yellow bus will detour along Marlow Rd.
• As of Monday 14 Sept the one-way system on Rowan Ave changes to a road closure between Pages Rd and Carisbrooke for appx 3 days. From Tuesday 15 Sept a progressive road closure will be in place along Rowan Ave, from Carisbrooke towards Eureka Sts for about 5 weeks.
• Marlow Rd will be one-way from Rowses to Pages Rds for road repairs.
• Carisbrooke St will be one-way from Portchester to Warblington St.
• Pages Rd remains one-way towards city from Bexley Reserve to Shuttle Dr with Pages/Portchester intersection currently closed.
• Breezes Rd remains one-way between Wainoni and Pages Rds. Please watch for pedestrians, cyclists and children by the two schools on Breezes Rd.
• Doreen St is one-way eastbound (towards Marlow).
• Wimborne Cres progressive road closure for about 3 more weeks.
• Eureka St one-way northbound from Soberton St to Wainoni School. Southbound traffic use Meon St. Please take extra care near the school.
• Rolling road closure on Portchester St from Pages Rd end and moving towards Carisbrooke St for about 2 weeks.
• Portsmouth St – from Hampshire St to Ben Rarere Ave – closed for about 3 weeks. No access from Portsmouth St to the service lane behind Hampshire St shops during this time.
• Progressive road closure from the northern end of Sandown Cres and moving south.
Please visit the Metro website www.metroinfo.org.nz or phone Metro Info on 366 8855 for any bus service changes.
Work in other suburbs
Be a Rebuild Hero: Businesses are often impacted when SCIRT is working nearby. Please support your local businesses so they can keep supporting your community - even if it means parking a bit further away or driving further to get there. Every effort you make is appreciated.
• Forrest Dr has a progressive road closure between #23 Forrest Dr and Broadhaven Ave for about 8 weeks.
Upcoming: wastewater renewal work starting late September in Parklands South with major works along Beach Road. Affected residents will be advised before work starts.
Edgeware / St Albans
• Edgeware Rd between Sherborne and Manchester Sts is one-way eastbound for about 3 months.
• Colombo St (between Canon and Edgeware) remains one-way southbound (towards city) for 2 weeks. Best business access is from Edgeware Rd.
• From end of this week, no entry from Fendalton Rd to Holmwood Rd for about 2 months though Holmwood Rd traffic can still enter Fendalton Rd. Suggested detour is Queens Ave, Wairarapa Tce and Garden Rd.
• No exit from Perry St onto Rayburn Ave this week. Use Erica St, Dulles Pl and Grants Rd to access Papanui Rd.
• Carlton Mill bridge repairs at the Harper Ave, Park Tce and Carlton Mill Rd intersection. Two-way traffic remains but reduced lanes on Carlton Mill Rd and Park Tce may cause delays. Take extra care around pedestrians and cyclists. Repairs will take around 3 months.
• Papanui Rd – between Clare Rd and Derby St has two-way traffic but reduced lanes. No right turn from Derby and Rastrick Sts onto Papanui Rd. Watch for cyclist and buses.
• No exit from Petrie St on to Shirley Rd for about 5 weeks. Only westbound traffic on Shirley Rd can enter Petrie St.
• One-way for northbound traffic on Hills Rd (between Guild and Dudley Sts). Southbound traffic please take care along the detour – heavy traffic find an alternative route. Dudley St/Hills Rd intersection is left turn exit only onto Hills Rd.
• Watch for lane reductions and changing traffic conditions along Linwood Ave east of Eastgate Mall.
• Worcester St closed between Woodham Rd and Dacre St, and one-way southbound (towards Linwood Ave) between Dacre St and Linwood Ave.
• Woodham Rd one-way between Kerrs Rd and Ngarimu Street (heading west towards Gloucester St). Please follow the detour onto Ngarimu, Dunarnan and Kerrs Rd.
• Ngarimu St left turn only at the Woodham Rd corner.
• Progressive road closure along Kawau Cres finishes this week but continues on Hay St until end of September.
• Wickham St one-way for westbound traffic early this week. Eastbound traffic detour via Francella St and Dyers Rd.
• Maces Rd one-way for southbound traffic from midweek. Northbound traffic detour via Tanya and Wickham Sts.
• Smith St between Bray St and Ferry Rd closed until October. Matlock St traffic can’t enter / exit Smith St.
Spreydon & Somerfield
• Barrington St remains one-way northbound (towards city) between Studholme and Moana Sts. Use Selwyn or Lyttelton Sts. Watch for traffic changes this week.
• Simeon St closed between Coronation St and Sydney Pl for around 1 week.
• No exit on to Sparks Rd from Rydal St.
Take extra care around the changing traffic conditions in this area.
• St Andrews Hill Rd reopened Friday afternoon.
• Retaining wall work starting on the lower part of Mt Pleasant Rd. One lane closed with priority give-way for 1 week, followed by road closure from Monday 21 Sept for 5 weeks.
• Ongoing progressive road closure along Beachville Rd. Resident access maintained.