SCIRT traffic update: Week starting Monday, 14 December
SCIRT traffic update: Week starting Monday, 14 December, 2015
Idris Rd - Glandovey
Rd intersection, Fendalton (5 - 19 January
• Please plan your journey while SCIRT’s Fulton Hogan team replaces the water main. If possible avoid this intersection from 5 - 19 January 2016.
• Two-way traffic will be maintained but expect lane shifts around the intersection.
• There will also be turning restrictions in place. During different stages of the work it will not be possible to turn right at the intersection. The right hand turn from the southern end of Idris Rd onto Glandovey Rd will remain open.
• Please follow on site signage and be on the lookout for changes in the traffic management on site.
Burlington St, Sydenham, one way in
Burlington St will be closed to southbound traffic between Brougham St and Colombo St from 11-30 January for wastewater repairs.
• Aranui commuters please allow more travelling time while Wainoni Rd is one-way for two weeks until mid-December for wastewater works.
• Wainoni Rd will be sealed next week.
Shirley Rd – Short detour for 3 months
Shirley Rd commuters travelling eastwards towards The Palms shopping centre will be detoured through Emmett St, Orontes St and Quinns Rd back onto Shirley Rd.
Main Routes -works underway so expect delays during peak times and consider other routes.
Papanui Rd, near the Holly Rd intersection, has traffic restrictions for about 2 weeks. Two-way traffic is maintained with bus lane closures. Please look out for cyclists and pedestrians.
Ferry Rd has works at several sites between Ensors Rd and Tilford St until late December. Two-way traffic is maintained and there are temporary lane shifts and shoulder closures.
Hereford St between Manchester St and Madras St is closed to west bound traffic and there will be no entry into Liverpool St from Hereford and no left turn into Hereford from Madras for another week.
Moorhouse Ave Bridge is down to one way each way for the duration of the repair project.
Moorhouse Ave overbridge U-turn
Please take extra care around this busy area as SCIRT installs a new resilient vacuum wastewater system for this community. See the Aranui map for bus routes and detours.
• Rowses Rd is one way
from Breezes Rd to Rowan Ave until February 2016.
• Carisbrooke St has a progressive road closure, starting at number 20 heading north towards Soberton St until 18 December.
• The Farnborough St will have a rolling road closure from the Pages rd intersection and moving north towards Winchfield St for a week.
• Meon St has a progressive road closure from Monday 7 December until 18 December while road construction is underway.
• Guernsey St will be one-way northbound from Monday 14 December for 2 days.
• Aldershot St, between numbers 10-38, will have a temporary road closure during working hours. The one-way eastbound system will be reinstated after work hours.
Please visit the Metro website www.metroinfo.org.nz or phone Metro Info on 366 8855 for any bus service changes.
Representatives of SCIRT’s City Care and Fletcher delivery teams attended the Affirm Festival in Aranui last weekend to answer residents’ questions about the new vacuum wastewater system that is being installed in the area.
Beach Rd, New Brighton – major wastewater works underway
Work in other
SCIRT’s Downer communications team in Burwood giving out chocolate fish to locals.
• Bower Ave has a road closure between Crofts Lane and 497 Bower Ave until late December.
• Lamorna Rd has a progressive road closure for about 2 more weeks between Queenspark Dr and Foresters Cres.
• Forrest Dr has a progressive road closure between 55 Forrest Dr and Broadhaven Ave for 1 more week. The road renewal is expected to be finished this week.
• Foresters Cres and Stoneleigh Green have road closures for about 2 more weeks for Foresters and 1 more week for Stoneleigh.
• Link Water Way has a road closure until about mid-December.
• Pinewood Ave has a road closure until early December.
• Hills Rd (between Guild St and Dudley St) is one-way northbound.
• Hills Rd between Warden St and 203 Hills has two-way traffic maintained with bus and cycle lane closures until mid-December.
• Dudley St is closed from Slater St to Hills Rd until early 2016
• Stapletons Rd will be closed between Averill St and Warden St with access only for residents until early 2016.
Edgeware - St
• Edgeware Rd between Manchester St and Madras St is one-way eastbound until late December. There’s a short detour to the local Edgeware - St Albans businesses.
• Canon St between Bishop St and Sherborne St is one-way for about 2 weeks.
• Geraldine St between Gresford St and Purchas St will have a progressive road closure for about 2 weeks.
• Worcester St is closed between Woodham Rd and Dacre St, and is one-way southbound towards Linwood Ave between Dacre St and Linwood Ave.
• Woodham Rd is one-way city bound between Kerrs Rd and Gloucester St. Eastbound traffic please follow the detour.
• Helmores Lane Bridge is closed. Repairs are underway.
• Garden Rd is closed for wastewater works and Holmwood Rd is one-way westbound.
North New Brighton
• Marine Parade is one-way heading south with northbound traffic being detoured into Effingham St for about 2 weeks.
New Brighton Pages Rd Bridge is being repaired in the next six months. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
• Moncks Spur has two-way traffic maintained by stop/go personnel during the day. Temporary traffic lights are working at night.
• Glenstrae Rd has retaining wall repairs for about 5 months. Two-way traffic will be maintained using temporary traffic lights.
• Carriageway works on Main Rd around Moncks Bay may cause delays so allow extra time at peak hours.
• A section on lower Mt Pleasant Rd between numbers 69 and 95 is now one-way to downhill traffic only. Detour via Major Hornbrook Rd or Soleares Ave.
• KidsonTce will be one-way heading north from Monday 2 November for about 4 months.
• Smith St has a progressive road closure until early 2016.
• Lyttelton St has a one-way system between Sparks Rd and Roberta Dr until Christmas, with northbound traffic being detoured along Roberta Dr, Barrington St and Frankleigh St.
• Fairfield Ave is closed between number 80 Fairfield Ave and Braddon St for around 4 weeks.
• Cotterill St is closed for about two weeks and Poulsen St between Cotterill and Selwyn St will be one-way eastward.
Central City. There are a number of non-SCIRT works underway on some routes as the rebuild continues. Check the best way to get in and around the city at:www.tfc.govt.nz