SCIRT traffic update
SCIRT traffic update: Week starting Monday, 21 December, 2015
The Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team (SCIRT) is packing up the cones and parking up the diggers for two weeks over Christmas.
SCIRT is taking a break in its infrastructure programme from 23 December to 5 January for the Christmas holidays. Its 135 worksites will be closed for that time.
SCIRT wants to thank Christchurch people for their patience and co-operation while it completes essential earthquake repairs.
New works on main routes in the New Year
Bealey Ave - reduced lanes for about 2 months
From Tuesday 5 January 2016 Bealey Ave between Madras St and Packe St will have reduced lanes for wastewater repairs for about 2 months. Please look out for cyclists.
Avonside Drive – part one-way for about six weeks
• Starting Tuesday 5 January 2016 Avonside Dr between Fitzgerald Ave and Stanmore Road will be one-way going west towards the city for road and kerb repairs.
• Traffic travelling east will be detoured into Gloucester St.
Woodham Rd-Gloucester St intersection – restrictions for about 4 months
• From Monday 18 January wastewater repairs will result in lane reductions and turning restrictions at the intersection.
• Temporary lights to help traffic flow.
• Northbound traffic along Gloucester St will not be permitted to go through the intersection.
• No right hand turn onto Woodham Rd for traffic going south on Gloucester St.
• No right hand turn onto Gloucester St for traffic going west on Woodham Rd.
• No left hand turn onto Gloucester St for traffic going east on Woodham Rd.
Idris Rd - Glandovey Rd intersection, Fendalton 5 -19 January
• Turning restrictions and lane shifts because the water main is being replaced.
• At different stages of the work it will not be possible to turn right at the intersection. The right hand turn from the southern end of Idris Rd onto Glandovey Rd will remain open.
Burlington St, Sydenham
From 11-30 January Burlington St will be closed to traffic going south between Brougham St and Colombo St.
New Brighton Rd, Burwood, partly closed
New Brighton Rd, between Bassett St and Anzac Dr, will be closed from 7 January for about 10 weeks for installation of two wastewater pressure mains.
Ascot Ave, North New Brighton
There is a partial road closure for wastewater repairs from the week starting 5 January for about 3 weeks.
Moorhouse Ave Bridge is down to one way each way for the duration of the repair project.
Shirley Rd – Short detour
Traffic going eastwards towards The Palms shopping centre will be detoured through Emmett St, Orontes St and Quinns Rd back onto Shirley Rd.
Please take extra care around this busy area as SCIRT installs a new resilient vacuum wastewater system for this community.
See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
Beach Rd, New Brighton – major wastewater works underway
Bower Ave, Burwood
From 5 January Bower Ave is closed between Crofts Lane and 497 Bower Ave for about 3 weeks.
Hills Rd, Shirley, between Guild St and Dudley St, is one-way northbound.
Edgeware Rd, St Albans, between Manchester St and Madras St is one-way eastbound until 22 December. There’s a short detour to the local Edgeware - St Albans businesses.
Worcester St, Linwood is closed between Woodham Rd and Dacre St, and is one-way southbound towards Linwood Ave between Dacre St and Linwood Ave.
Woodham Rd, Linwood is one-way city bound between Kerrs Rd and Gloucester St. Eastbound traffic please follow the detour.
Garden Rd, Fendalton is closed for wastewater works and Holmwood Rd is one-way westbound.
Main Rd, Redcliffs around Moncks Bay has carriageway works which may cause delays so allow extra time at peak hours.
Please visit the Metro website www.metroinfo.org.nz or phone Metro Info on 366 8855 for any bus service changes.
Central City There are a number of non-SCIRT works underway on some routes as the rebuild continues. Check the best way to get in and around the city at: www.tfc.govt.nz