Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team
Stronger Christchurch Infrastructure Rebuild Team (SCIRT) is ramping up its work in 2016 and at times that will impact on local businesses. Please go out of your way to support them
Wainoni Road is
becoming one-way in early March for about 8
• From as early as Tuesday 8 March the one-way will be between Orrick Crescent and Hampshire St heading eastbound only.
• From as early as Friday 11 March the one-way will extend to run between Breezes and Hampshire.
• City-bound commuters will be detoured onto Hampshire, Breezes and back onto Wainoni Rd.
• SCIRT is installing a wastewater mainline in the road as part of a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system and is repairing the road.
Wainoni Road one-way in early March for about 8 weeks. Please watch for changes and take care.
Woodham Road- Gloucester Street intersection,
restrictions for another two months
• Major wastewater repairs mean lane reductions and turning restrictions at the intersection.
• Temporary traffic lights are in place to help traffic flow.
• Please support your local businesses that are affected by this work.
Bassett Street is one way from Thursday 3 March
for about one week.
• From Thursday 3 March, a short section of Bassett St from New Brighton Rd will be one way northbound for about one week. Detours for southbound traffic are via Travis Rd and Burwood Rd or Travis Rd and Anzac Dr.
• Two detours are in place for southbound traffic via Travis Rd and Burwood Rd, and Travis Rd and Anzac Drive.
• Please support the local businesses on Bassett Stt, Parnwell St and Cossar St that are affected by these works.
• New Brighton Rd east is closed between Bassett St and Anzac Drive for the installation of 2 wastewater pressure mains. The detour is via Bassett St, QE11 Dr and Travis Rd. The work is for about 5 months.
Bower Avenue, Parklands
• From this week for about 5 months, a section of Bower Ave, between Beach Rd and Kristen Pl, will have a progressive road closure while wastewater renewal works are underway.
• Temporary traffic lights will be in place on Bower Ave, near the intersection of Bower Ave and Beach Rd, and will remain in place while wastewater works are underway.
• Queenspark Dr is one-way westbound between Bower Ave and Donnington St for eight more weeks.
• Please continue to support the shops at Parklands Mall while SCIRT works are underway.
Beach Road, New Brighton,
major wastewater and storm water works
• Beach Rd is closed between Flemington St and Badger St.
• A one-way traffic system heading eastbound is back in place along Beach Rd, between Bower Ave and Effingham St.
• The section outside the shops- Naked Baker, Beach Road Fish Supply and North Beach Dairy – is now two-way and parking maintained.
• Please continue to support these local businesses.
If you would like to receive the fortnightly Parklands Traffic Update email CIRinfo@fcc.co.nz
Marine Parade, New Brighton
• A one-way for southbound traffic is in place on Marine Pde, between Pacific Rd and Effingham St, for 2 weeks.
• From Monday 29 February the intersection of Marine Pde and Pacific Rd is closed for 1 week.
• There are several road closures in this area. Please take care around these suburbs where SCIRT is installing a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system, and roading repairs are also underway.
See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
• Worcester St is closed between Woodham Rd and Dacre St with limited access to residents only. It remains one-way southbound between Wyon St and Linwood Ave.
Shirley Road, short
• Traffic going eastwards towards The Palms shopping centre is being detoured, because of culvert repairs at Stapletons Rd.
between Warrington / Shirley intersection and Warden
• Two-way traffic maintained, but expect delays as major work is underway for one more month.
Hills Road, between Guild and
• One-way traffic system for northbound traffic only in place for about another two months.
Ferry Road, Woolston
• Several sections of the storm water network are being repaired along Ferry Rd. Please follow all signage and drive to the conditions.
• Please watch for lane shifts while the water main and sub-main are replaced on Fendalton Rd between Deans Ave and Holmwood Rd.