SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 31 October
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 31 October 2016
• SCIRT work on and around the Fitzgerald Ave twin bridges will be completed this coming week. On Wednesday 2 November night works from 8pm to 6am will complete the road reconstruction when traffic will be reduced to one lane southbound over the twin bridges.
• Springfield Rd will one-way northbound from Bealey Ave to number 18 Springfield Rd for SCIRT wastewater repairs from Monday 31 October for 2 days.
• A part of Francis Ave between number 3 and number 11 is closed, near the intersection with Warrington St, from Tuesday 1 November for about 3 weeks for SCIRT wastewater repairs.
• Night works are taking place on Tuesday 1 November at the intersection of Rossall St and Aikmans Rd. There is no entry from Rossall St onto Aikmans Rd.
• The top end of Aikmans Rd, from Papanui Rd to Akela St, is one-way westbound for SCIRT repairs to a major wastewater pipe, the Wairakei Collector. The detour to get to Papanui Rd from Aikmans is Akela St, Cox St and Office Rd.
• Mansfield Ave will be one-way heading east outside the Nurse Maude Hospital for SCIRT manhole and wastewater repairs during the week starting Tuesday 25 October for about 7 weeks.
• Pages Rd, between Anzac Drive and Breezes Rd, is one-way eastbound towards the city from Monday 3 October until mid-December for SCIRT repairs to a wastewater main pipe servicing New Brighton and road resurfacing from Anzac Drive to Shuttle Drive. The detour for traffic heading to New Brighton is Breezes Rd, Wainoni Rd, Anzac Drive. This is the final work SCIRT needs to undertake in Pages Rd.
• There are several other road closures in Aranui. Please take care. SCIRT is installing a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system. See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
• Hampshire St, between Aldershot St and the new Aranui Community Centre, is closed for road and footpath repairs from Tuesday 1 November. The road will be closed for three stages of work. The repairs will be completed by the end of November.
• The Breezes Rd and Carters Rd intersection and the Breezes Rd and Shortland St intersection will be closed from Wednesday 2 November for 2 weeks for road repairs.
• Breezes Rd is one-way southbound between Pages Rd and Cuthberts Rd. The detour is Cuthberts Rd, Nugent St, Shortland St, and Pages Rd. This work will continue until December.
• The intersection of Pages Rd and Marlow Rd is closed for road resurfacing.
• Woodham Rd is closed at the intersection with Worcester St for 1 more month for major wastewater repairs. Access to Woodham Rd, east of Worcester St, will be via Sewell St and Rowcliffe Cres. Eastbound traffic on Woodham Rd will be detoured via Ngarimu St.
• A no entry from Kerrs Rd onto Woodham Rd east will be in place as early as Monday 31 October for about 2 months. Access to the Rosewood Resthome has been restored.
• North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater repairs. Medway St is closed for Christchurch City Council Dudley Creek flood remediation work. The detour is now Tweed St, Forth St to Flesher Ave. The closure is scheduled to be lifted in November.
• Beach Rd between Donnington St and Bower Ave is closed from Thursday 27 October for about a week for road reconstruction.
• There is no entry from Beach Rd on to Frosts Rd and Mairehau Rd at that intersection because of SCIRT wastewater repairs starting Monday 31 October for 6 weeks. Two-way traffic will be maintained on Frosts Rd and Mairehau Rd with traffic lights.
New Brighton/South Brighton/Burwood
• Estuary Rd is one-way south for about two weeks from Thursday 20 October. The detour is Bridge St, Marine Parade, Mountbatten St.
• SCIRT begins final road repair work on Travis Rd, near Blue Gum Place, on Monday 17 October, expected to take about 2 weeks. Two-way traffic will be maintained.
• Palinurus Rd, state highway 74, is one-way eastbound from 7am Saturday 29 Octoberto 6am Monday 31 October for the SCIRT installation of a wastewater pressure main. There is no entry into Palinurus Road from Dyers Rd.
• St Johns St, between the two St Lukes St entrances, will be closed from Thursday 3 November for 3 weeks for road repairs.
• Hargood St has storm water, kerb, channel and footpath repairs until mid-December. Two-way traffic will be maintained most of the time though there may be a priority one-way system and turning restrictions on occasions.
Mount Pleasant/ Heathcote/Sumner
• Bridle Path Rd has re-opened to two way traffic. From Wednesday 26 October Cannon Hill Cres intersection will be closed from Bridle Path Rd for road repairs for about two weeks.
• Evans Pass Rd above Sumner is down to one lane around a SCIRT work site doing a retaining wall repair. The work will take until the end of the year. Temporary traffic lights maintain two-way traffic. Please drive or cycle with caution.