What Does An Accessible, Connected Community Mean To You?
Stratford District Council (SDC) has developed a Strategy to provide safe alternative transport connections within our district and we want your opinion!
The Connecting our Communities Strategy 2022 is designed to help all residents and visitors to the Stratford District move around safely, no matter what their choice of transport is.
The full strategy and a four-page summary can be read online at stratford.govt.nz or viewed at Council’s Service Centre and the Stratford Library and Visitor Information Centre
As part of our requirements as a Road Controlling Authority, SDC is committed to a framework that supports road safety in the Stratford district and provides further opportunities for alternative modes of transport and tourism.
The Strategy supports the concept of accessible streets which was developed by the Ministry of Transport as part of their Road to Zero Strategy and supports the achievement of the Government Policy Statement priorities:
- Road Safety – Developing a transport system where no one is killed or seriously injured.
- Better Travel Options – Providing people with better transport options to access social and economic opportunities.
The Connecting our Communities strategy will provide SDC with a guiding framework to:
1. Develop a safe, convenient, connected, attractive and integrated Roading Network;
2. Encourage and support people to consider alternative transport modes for an active healthy lifestyle and an improved environment; and
3. Ensure that future transport planning for Stratford includes and supports all modes of transport.
Your opinion on this proposed strategy is really important. It will help us to understand our transport needs so we can develop a plan that will work best for everyone in our communities.
Please share any comments for consideration by 4.30pm Friday 29 July 2022.
You can have your say by:
- Emailing email@example.com and use “Connecting our Communities” as the subject line
- Writing to Projects Manager, Stratford District Council, PO Box 320, Stratford 4352
- Completing our online form at stratford.govt.nz