TIA launches new tourism information programme
TIA launches major new tourism information programme
The Tourism Industry Association New Zealand (TIA) is today launching its Insights Report, a valuable information service for TIA members.
This new monthly report will provide TIA members with the most up-to-date information and research available, to assist in their business planning and decision making. Tourism operators will be able to find insights into current tourism trends, both in New Zealand and around the world, along with tips on how this information can help them do better business.
TIA Chief Executive Tim Cossar says the Insights Report combines TIA's own research on the current mood of the tourism industry with interpretation of current tourism-related statistics and international reports. Along with facts and figures, the TIA Insights Report will analyse what they mean for New Zealand tourism operators.
“Information is the key to leading the way in business today. Supported by excellent knowledge and interpretation, New Zealand tourism operators can build world-class businesses that will help grow our economy in every part of the country,” Mr Cossar says.
“As New Zealand’s lead national private sector tourism organisation, TIA is committed to providing the information our members need, when they need it.”
In the first TIA Insights Report:
• With a 28.3% increase in visitor arrivals in September 2010, India is one to watch. We profile this key emerging market and suggest ways to attract more business from Indian visitors
• Tourism is now NZ's top export earner. Get an update on the latest tourism expenditure data
• Find out the latest on the outlook for the global economy. Our expert suggests the recovery is well underway and highlights some key emerging markets to watch
• With an increasing number of New Zealanders travelling offshore for their holidays, the domestic visitor market is showing signs of weakness. How can you attract more Kiwi travellers?
• Discover how NZ tourism stacks up against our biggest competitor, Australia
• With a strong dollar and resilient economy, find out where our trans-tasman neighbours are travelling
• What can we learn from South Africa post the 2010 FIFA World Cup?
The TIA Insights Report is available in the Members Only section of TIA’s website www.tianz.org.nz