Entries are now open for the 2013 NZ International Wine Show
Entries are now open for the 2013 New Zealand International Wine Show
Established in 2005 this competition has been the largest wine judging event in New Zealand every year and it is also one of the largest international wine shows in the Southern Hemisphere.
There were 2122 entries in 2012 resulting in a total of 22 Trophies and 224 gold medals.
Bob Campbell MW is New Zealand's leading wine judge and once again he will lead a team of 26 wine senior wine judges. Assistant Chief Judges this year will be Larry McKenna, Peter Cowley and from Australia, Ralph Kyte-Powell.
Judging will be held in Auckland on the 9th, 10th and 11th of September. Entries close on the 30th August.
Some points worth noting about the 2013 New Zealand International Wine Show.
• There are no set volume requirements and wines
from any country can be entered.
• Gold, silver and bronze medal stickers are not vintaged, which will reduce the wastage on unused product.
• Results are available to wineries immediately following the competition and any medal awarded can be used for promotional purposes from the 16th September.
• A major public tasting, featuring all of the gold medal winning wines, will be held in Auckland on the 26th September.
• Wines entered for judging do not need to be available for retail in New Zealand.
• 30th August: Closing date for entries
• 4th September: Closing date for receipt of wine samples
• 9th to 11th September: Judging days
• 12 & 13th September: Wineries notification of results
• 16th September: Embargo lifted on full list of medal results
• 26th September: Champions List Public Tasting
• 28th September: Awards Dinner with the announcement of the Trophy winners, the Nissan Champion Wine of the Show, The Champions List and the presentation to this year’s recipient of the Sir George Fistonich Medal. All of the gold medal winners will be available for tasting prior to the Awards Dinner.
• 6th October: A two page feature in the Sunday Star Times with all gold medal and Trophy results
• 13th October: A full page feature of the Trophy winners and sponsors in the Sunday Star Times