Surface Pro 3 arrives in New Zealand
Surface Pro 3 arrives in New Zealand
Survey shows that changing consumer needs are driving demand for more powerful and versatile devices like Surface Pro 3
AUCKLAND, August 28, 2014 — Surface Pro 3, the latest device in Microsoft’s Surface tablet lineup, is available today in New Zealand retail stores.
The company says Surface Pro 3 – a lightweight tablet that delivers the power and performance of a laptop – arrives as consumers are increasingly looking for more powerful devices to be more productive at work and leisure.
Microsoft New Zealand’s Business Group Manager for Surface, Dean Edwards, said that in a world where true convergence of digital work and life have become pervasive, consumers are increasingly turning to hybrid or laptop devices to meet their needs.
He cites a recent Microsoft-commissioned Asia-Pacific wide survey, which included 300 working professionals1 from New Zealand2, that showed that 70% of respondents own three or more types of devices (smartphones, laptops, desktop computers or tablets) and 57% of respondents preferred not to carry both a tablet and laptop at the same time.
“The survey also showed 79% of respondents who do not own a tablet said they could not find a device that gives them the best of both a laptop and a tablet. Clearly, more people want just one device that does everything, and the Surface Pro 3 delivers on this,” says Edwards.
“Microsoft’s vision is that Surface Pro 3 is the tablet that can replace your laptop — packing all the performance and utility of a fully powered laptop into a thin, light and beautifully designed tablet.”
1 Sample respondents: At least 21 years old; works at least 30 hours or more per week
2 The eight Asia Pacific markets involved in the survey were Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Korea and Malaysia.
Surface Pro 3 – the sleek and premium tablet that enables work-life convergence
Surface Pro 3 is ideal for consumers who wants to streamline their lifestyles and get stuff done, not just mobile professionals, but also students and people in business environments who need high levels of corporate access, data security and central manageability.
Some of the key features of Surface Pro 3 include:
- A 12-inch full high-definition (HD) display that is 30 percent thinner than the 11-inch MacBook Air and 32 percent thinner than Surface Pro 2 at just 0.91 cm and approximately 800 grams.
- Fourth-generation Intel® Core™ processor options, amazing click-in keyboards3 and a multiposition kickstand take Surface Pro 3 from movie mode to working mode and all the way to writing mode.
- Because Surface Pro 3 runs Windows 8.1 Pro, people can use the desktop software they rely on, such as Microsoft Office4, while multitasking with side-by-side windows.
- Surface Pro 3 delivers the best writing and drawing experience with Surface Pen. With just a click of the pen, Surface launches a fresh page in OneNote, so you can capture your thoughts immediately.
- Get big-screen entertainment anywhere with a larger, full HD screen; built-in kickstand; great speakers with Dolby® Audio enhanced sound; and up to nine hours of Web-browsing battery life.
3 Touch Cover sold separately
4 Microsoft Office sold separately
Surface Pro 3 is available in New Zealand in five configurations:
Processor RAM Storage RRP (incl
4th Gen Intel Core i3 4GB 64GB $1,199
4th Gen Intel Core i5 4GB 128GB $1,449
4th Gen Intel Core i5 8GB 256GB $1,879
4th Gen Intel Core i7 8GB 256GB $2,249
4th Gen Intel Core i7 8GB 512GB $2,829
A range of Surface Pro 3 accessories are also available including:
- Type Cover 3 (in 4 colours): RRP $199.99 incl GST
- Docking Station: RRP $309.99 incl GST
Surface Pro 3 is available for consumers to buy from the following retailers:
- Harvey Norman
- JB Hi-Fi
- Noel Leeming
For commercial customers, Surface Pro 3 is available to buy from the following Authorised Device Resellers:
- Acquire (from 1 September)
- Datacom (from 1 September)
- Spark Digital
For more information on Surface, visit surface.com. For more information on device specs and accessories, please visit the Microsoft News Center here and here.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.