Trade Me’s alternative Christmas gifts
A remote-controlled cockroach, bacon balm and a collapsible, reusable coffee cup have been named Trade Me’s top picks for that hard-to-buy-for Kiwi this Christmas.
Trade Me’s Millie Silvester said it's that time of year when many New Zealanders are struggling to find the perfect Secret Santa present or stocking filler for those friends and family who have it all.
“We had a look at some gift ideas which are a bit out-of-the-box and have created some search activity, sales and interest onsite in the lead up to the big day.”
Miss Silvester said some bacon-flavoured lip ‘oinkment’, sushi socks or a dragon taco holder were great presents for the foodie in your life. “Shark fin ice cube moulds, a sweary adult colouring in book for the potty mouth, and hobbit slippers also made the top ten, along with prosecco pong and a rubber chicken purse.”
Trade Me’s Top 10
Alternative Gift Ideas
1. Bacon balm - Oinkment for the bacon lover
2. Remote controlled cockroach toy - The perfect gift for the office prankster
3. Dragon taco holder - A dragon taco holder because why not
4. Kids hobbit feet - Strange and creepy
5. Prosecco pong - Taking beer pong up a notch
6. Silicon shark fin ice cube molds - Get your jaws around these
7. Sushi socks - So good you’ll want to eat them
8. Sweary adult colouring book - One for the potty mouth
9. Collapsible, reusable silicone coffee cup - For the caffeine addict
10. Rubber chicken purse - Words don't even...