Youthline. Changing Lives. Changing Communities
Youthline. Changing Lives. Changing Communities.
Youthline Wellington provides a free, confidential and non-judgemental phone and text counselling service to young people. We’re a team of trained volunteers committed to supporting young people in our communities.
People call Youthline to talk about anything and everything. We’re there to listen and help young people to talk about what’s going on – to help find their own solutions.
Youthline Wellington Inc is a registered charity. We receive funding from the Wellington City Council, The Lion Foundation, J.P. Morgan, New Zealand Lottery Grants Board, Joe Aspell Trust, Winton and Margaret Bear Charitable Trust, Thomas George Macarthy Trust, Community Organisation Grants Scheme, Vavasour Charitable Trust Board, Eva Doucas Charitable Trust (Eva’s Attic) and Rotary Club of Harbour City Wellington.
Quick Facts about Youthline
• The Youthline phone number is 0800 37 66
• Youthline’s free and confidential helpline runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
• Youthline’s free text service is available on 234 between 8am and midnight every day
• Youthline managed over 190,000 phone calls and over 350,000 texts last year
• Youthline Wellington has over 60 trained volunteers, contributing over 14,000 hours to supporting young people in the Wellington region last year
Youthline Wellington was set up in 1971. Our volunteers have been providing support and development services for young people ever since.
For all young people to be supported and empowered
To provide an effective youth-centred service that supports and empowers young people and their communities, by making sure their voices are heard and their needs are met in a safe and non-judgmental environment.