Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 10 October 2016
SCIRT Traffic Update for the week starting Monday 10 October 2016
• SCIRT work around the Fitzgerald Ave twin bridges is expected to be completed in mid-October. There will be lane reductions, northbound and southbound, on Fitzgerald Ave for the duration of the work.
• Various streets in the central city will have night time manhole maintenance during October from 7pm to 6am. Two-way traffic will be maintained using give-way and stop/go systems. Please be alert for traffic signage.
• The top end of Aikmans Rd, from Papanui Road to Akela St, is one-way southwest bound for about 6 weeks from Monday 26 September for SCIRT repairs to a major wastewater pipe called the Wairakei Collector. There is a temporary driveway on Aikmans Rd for entry to McDonald’s. The detour to get to Papanui Rd from Aikmans is Akela St, Cox St and Office Rd.
• Francis Ave is closed for about 2 weeks for SCIRT wastewater repairs.
• Winters Rd is one-way westbound for one more week. Detour is Queen Elizabeth 11 Drive.
• North Parade, past Banks Ave intersection, will have two-way traffic maintained while SCIRT work is underway until mid-October. Please expect some delays.
• North Avon Rd is closed between North Parade and Flesher Ave for wastewater works. The detour is North Parade, Medway St to River Rd. The closure is scheduled to be lifted in November.
• Woodham Rd is closed at the intersection with Worcester St for 2 more months for major wastewater repairs. Access to Woodham Rd, east of Worcester St, will be via Sewell St and Rowcliffe Cres. Eastbound traffic on Woodham Rd will be detoured via Ngarimu St.
• Woodham Rd is closed at the intersection with Kerrs Rd from Monday 3 October for 4 weeks for wastewater repairs.
• Ferry Rd in the Woolston and Ferrymead areas has SCIRT night works for another week for wastewater repairs. Two-way traffic will be maintained where possible.
• Dyers Rd wastewater repairs are continuing. Two-way traffic is maintained but expect delays during peak periods and some turning restrictions and detours in the area.
• Ensors Rd near the intersection with Fifield Tce is down to one lane until 14 October while SCIRT installs a new manhole. Temporary traffic lights will maintain two-way traffic. The eastern side of Fifield Tce will remain closed for about 4 weeks while SCIRT replaces a manhole.
Mount Pleasant/ Heathcote
• Bridle Path Rd will be closed, between Cannonhill Cres and Main Rd, for about 3 weeks for road reconstruction.Traffic will be detoured via Cannonhill Cres and St Andrews Hill Rd, or Martindales Rd, Port Hills Rd and Tunnel Rd. Please expect delays.
• Mount Pleasant Rd will have a one-way system between Drayton Drive and Belleview Tce from Monday 10 October for about a week to repair a wastewater pipe. Downhill traffic will detour via Belleview Tce and Major Hornbrook Rd.
• Pages Rd, between Anzac Drive and Breezes Rd, is one-way eastbound towards the city from Monday 3 October until mid-December for SCIRT repairs to a wastewater main pipe, between Anzac Drive and Farnborough St, and road resurfacing the whole length as shown in the diagram below..
• The detour for traffic heading to New Brighton is Breezes Rd, Wainoni Rd, Anzac Drive. This is the final work SCIRT needs to undertake in Pages Rd.
• Aranui has several road closures. Please take care. SCIRT is installing a new more earthquake-resilient vacuum wastewater system. See the Aranui map for road closures, bus routes and detours.
• Wainoni Rd has road repairs for 2 weeks from Monday 3 October with two-way traffic maintained. The Wainoni Rd and Shortland St intersection is closed.
• Kerb, channels and footpath repairs have started on Pages Rd between Portchester St and Anzac Drive until late October 2016.
• Hampshire St, between Aldershot St and the new Aranui Community Centre, is one-way eastbound for footpath, kerb and berm repairs and when this is completed the road will be closed in late October for road resurfacing. This work will be completed by the end of November.
• Breezes Rd is one-way southbound between Pages Rd and Cuthberts Rd. The detour is Cuthberts Rd, Nugent St, Shortland St, Pages Rd.
• The Breezes-Lenton St intersection is closed until 11 October.
• Beach Rd will be closed between Frosts Rd and Donnington St and between Pinewood Ave and Bower Ave until the week starting 17 October for road repairs and final wastewater connections.
• There is a road closure at the south exit of the Beach Rd and Bower Ave roundabout until mid-October for roundabout reconstruction.
• New Brighton Rd between Rawson St and Pages Rd is closed for road and footpath repairs until late October. The detour is Hawke St, Keyes Rd and Pratt St.
• Evans Pass Rd above Sumner is down to one lane around a SCIRT work site doing a retaining wall repair. The work will take until the end of the year. Temporary traffic lights maintain two-way traffic. Please drive or cycle with caution.