Questions For Oral Answer October 21
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. ANDREW LITTLE to the Prime Minister: Given his answer to Oral Question No 2 yesterday, why doesn’t he want to see “excessive rural land sold to overseas buyers” and see New Zealanders become tenants in our own country?
2. ALASTAIR SCOTT to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement regarding the Government’s fiscal approach that “the Government will focus on what we can control and maintain prudent expenditure management – just as we’ve done to return the books to surplus?
3. CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Prime Minister: Does he believe his meeting with Hon Malcolm Turnbull resulted in positive human rights outcomes?
4. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Finance: Has GDP per capita growth declined over the last two quarters, and what reports has he seen that this trend will continue for the next two quarters?
5. NUK KORAKO to the Minister for the Environment: How will the Environment Aotearoa 2015 report released today strengthen the integrity of New Zealand’s clean, green brand?
6. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in his Minister of Justice; if so, why?
7. SARAH DOWIE to the Minister of Justice: What recent evidence has she received on trends in the New Zealand crime rate?
8. CLARE CURRAN to the Minister for Communications: Does she agree with the current Mayor of Waitaki, Gary Kircher, who recently said that in his region, “Internet speed in these areas is woefully inadequate with most connections being five megabits per second. This situation is a barrier to economic growth and creates an irrational digital divide between our central business district and productive rural area”?
9. DARROCH BALL to the Minister for Social Development: Does she stand by all her statements?
10. EUGENIE SAGE to the Minister for the Environment: Will proposed changes to the Resource Management Act 1991 safeguard the life-supporting capacity of air, water, soil and ecosystems as the Act requires; if so, how?
11. MATT DOOCEY to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery: What recent announcements have been made on the development of key anchor projects in Christchurch?
12. STUART NASH to the Minister for Land Information: When did the Overseas Investment Office last produce a document that collated the benefits of overseas investment in New Zealand farmland in terms of employment created by the 716 successful consent applicants over the past 10 years who promised to create new job opportunities?