Questions For Oral Answer Sept 16
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. DAVID BENNETT to the Minister of Finance: How is New Zealand’s labour market supporting resilience and delivering higher incomes for families?
2. ANDREW LITTLE to the Prime Minister: Why did he say in July last year that “We think unemployment will be down to 4.5 percent in the very foreseeable future”, given unemployment has risen in each successive quarter, and now stands at 5.9 percent?
3. DAVID CLENDON to the Minister of Corrections: What was the reason for issuing each of the seven performance notices to Serco, which were then withdrawn; and what was the dollar amount for each of those notices?
4. MELISSA LEE to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: How is the Government helping students make more informed tertiary study decisions?
5. FLETCHER TABUTEAU to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his statements?
6. KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister for Building and Housing: Can he confirm that the 1,116 building consents issued in July in Auckland, and the 8,567 for the latest year, are the highest in 10 years, and what further steps is he talking to ensure the new build rate of houses in Auckland continues to grow?
7. PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister for Building and Housing: How much does MBIE estimate has been saved on building materials for a standard home by the Government’s suspensions of tariffs and anti-dumping duties on building products and, since its commencement in July 2014, by how many dollars has the price of the average Auckland home increased?
8. GARETH HUGHES to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Does he agree with the Treasury that solar electricity generation is one of the opportunities with the “most potential” to “reduce our carbon dioxide emissions in the medium-to-long-term”; if so, does he think the current rules are working to give Kiwis going solar a fair go?
9. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development: If reducing child poverty is a priority for her Government, why has the number of children living in poverty, based on the Household Incomes Report, increased from 260,000 in 2013, to 305,000 in 2014?
10. TODD MULLER to the Minister for Primary Industries: What recent reports has he received on growth in the avocado industry?
11. RICHARD PROSSER to the Minister of Conservation: Does she have confidence in all aspects of her department’s use of compound 1080 poison?
12. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment: Does he stand by all his statements to the House last week in respect of tertiary education organisations?