Westpac And MYOB Help Nz Businesses Get Competitive Online
June 5, 2012
WESTPAC AND MYOB HELP NZ BUSINESSES
GET COMPETITIVE ONLINE
• Free* website and domain for NZ businesses for the first 12 months
Westpac and MYOB have launched GetOnline.co.nz , a new initiative designed to make free websites available for all New Zealand businesses, for the first 12 months, enabling them to be found and become more competitive.
According to the latest MYOB Business Monitor*, only 32% of New Zealand businesses have a company website despite 80%* of Kiwis using the internet to research products or services before they buy. The study shows 35% of businesses that are online enjoy more customer engagement with 30% increasing revenue as a result of their online presence.
Westpac New Zealand’s Chief Executive, Peter Clare, said GetOnline.co.nz is another example of Westpac’s commitment to the national Grow NZ agenda, providing all New Zealand businesses with an edge and access to more markets 24/7.
“With so many Kiwis using the internet to research services and products before buying it’s imperative a business has a suitable online presence to be competitive. Westpac remains focussed on growing the New Zealand economy, and lifting the number of Kiwi businesses online helps to ensure they have the opportunity to grow nationally and access international customers.”
GetOnline.co.nz allows a website to be up and running in minutes using MYOB’s innovative new website builder – MYOB Atlas. The website is professional, search engine optimised and allows businesses to both sell and receive payment via the inbuilt e-commerce functionality. In addition businesses can register a personalised domain name and matching email addresses free for the first 12 months.
Through ‘GetOnline.co.nz’, Westpac and MYOB would like to see 10,000 New Zealand businesses, especially SMEs, establish a web presence in the next year to improve the performance of their business.
MYOB CEO, Tim Reed, says the range of options available through MYOB Atlas gives businesses another channel to market and access to a number of features that can help them transform the performance of their business.
“MYOB Atlas, which businesses can access for free through the GetOnline.co.nz initiative, makes it incredibly easy for businesses to create a smart website that will allow a business to be found by customers, be more competitive and transact online,” Mr Reed said.
“It offers a range of in-depth functionality that businesses can use to really enhance their operation.”
Businesses will be able to set up their website to accept online payments from clients in order to improve cash flow, and increase the effectiveness of their marketing through social media and improved communications with customers.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for New Zealand businesses to embrace the opportunities of the internet and the online economy,” said Tim Reed.
“The broader economic benefits of a more connected business community when we reach our target of 10,000 new online businesses will also be significant in terms of growth, increased exporting opportunities, and a more nimble and responsive economy.”
After the first 12 months, depending on the version they choose, businesses can pay from $5 per month on a pay-as-you-go basis to maintain their website using MYOB Atlas. Websites can be cancelled at any time. The .co.nz domain is free for the first 12 months, after which businesses can expect to pay around $40 to renew for another year.
* 1 MYOB Business Monitor,
2 Consumer Commerce Barometer NZ, Apr 2010
GetOnline.co.nz is a new initiative from Westpac and MYOB. It is designed to help New Zealand businesses get online, offering a smart, effective website – free for the first 12 months for any New Zealand business. Through the GetOnline.co.nz, Westpac and MYOB aim to help 10,000 New Zealand businesses get online, where their customers are, in order to be found, sell more, and be more competitive.
Powered by the MYOB Atlas website builder, businesses can:
• create a website in
under 15 minutes or an e-commerce capable website in under
• claim a personalised domain name with matching email address
• deploy a mobile version of their website, optimised for smartphones
• create an online store
• create a payments page to accept invoice payments online
• access Google tools to help the business be found online
• choose from customised themes
• integrate with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google +1
Fact Box: New Zealand business online (from the
MYOB Business Monitor, April 2012)
• Just 32% of New Zealand businesses have a website
• In the year to 31 March 2012, 42% of businesses with a website increased their revenue, compared to 29% without a website
• In 2012, 51% of businesses with a website expect revenues to increase, compared to 37% without
• 30% of businesses have enjoyed increased revenue directly as a result of having a website
• 35% of businesses with a website say it has made them more competitive
• 43% report more customer leads, and 35% report a better conversion rate
• 26% have been able to sell overseas as a result of operating a website
* Through GetOnline.co.nz , MYOB Atlas is free for the first 12 months. In the second year businesses have the option of renewing from just $5 per month. Businesses claiming a free .co.nz domain name with GetOnline.co.nz will need to renew this at their cost after the first 12 months. A .co.nz domain name usually costs around $40 per year.