Bayleys North Shore Commercial wins national award
Continuing to grow a market share of commercial and industrial property sales across the North Shore region has seen leading real estate agency Bayleys pick up a national business award for its achievements.
Bayleys North Shore’s commercial and industrial sales agency (Devereux Howe-Smith Realty Ltd) received the ‘Bayleys Way’ Franchise Award at the company’s annual conference and awards ceremony in Auckland last month, attended by almost 500 delegates from throughout New Zealand.
The award officially recognises Bayleys North Shore Commercial’s sales of some $250million worth of commercial, industrial and retail property, alongside the completion of dozens of leasing deals and successfully selling-down several property syndications.
Bayleys North Shore Commercial director Daryl Devereux said the award was achieved through a number of factors – including utilisation of one of the largest commercial and industrial real estate sales teams on the North Shore, supported by an extensive network of local vendors and buyers.
“Within the team, we have multiple sales and leasing specialists operating in niche areas of expertise and influence. These range from small neighbourhood retail sites through to large nationally-branded outlets in the bigger commercial centres, from industrial site owner/occupiers through to off-shore investors, and from multi-level commercial office premises through to bulk warehousing,” Mr Devereux said.
“With a team of 18 sales and leasing consultants, we are in a position to know what is going on in every suburb, and every commercial sector of North Shore business.”
Fellow director Nick Howe-Smith said the company would further improve its market share on the North Shore over the coming months when six senior personnel completed their Authorised Financial Advisor qualifications – allowing them to market property syndications under the new legislation.
“It’s one thing to become one of the best commercial and industrial real estate agencies within the Bayleys group of 57 offices – as confirmed by our real estate industry award. It’s another thing to stay there. To do that, we have to continually improve and deliver outstanding customer service – which for our customers equates to selling or leasing their property assets with exceptional results,” Mr Howe-Smith explained.
The ‘Bayleys Way’ Franchise Award capped off a sensational night of celebrations for the Bayleys North Shore Commercial team – with sales people Trevor Duffin, Christina Heaven and Brian Caldwell being officially recognised for each achieving $25million in sales, with Christina Heaven receiving the accolade for top sales person in the company.
Among the commercial and industrial sales and leases the Bayleys North Shore Commercial team has achieved in recent months are:
Apollo Drive in Albany where a 3,800m2 site leased to BP Oil
New Zealand sold for $2.4million at a 5.4% yield.
• Unit D, 24 William Pickering Drive, Albany - a 1,054m2 warehouse and office unit with 24 car parks which was sold vacant for $1.4million.
• 87-109 Clyde Road, Browns Bay - a 1,660m2 commercial complex in two strata titles containing 11 tenancies plus 30 internal car parks on 2,777m2 which sold for $5.9million at a 9.1% yield.
• 1 and 1A Shakespeare Road, Milford - two 1970s’ commercial buildings totalling 500m2 which sold for $2.43million at a 7.2% yield.
• 74 Barrys Point Road, Takapuna – an 852m2 two-level building on 1,189 m2 site with 15 car parks which sold for $1.395million at a 7.4% yield.
• 5 Marken Place, Wairau Valley - a 354m² 1980s’ industrial unit which sold for $464,000.
• Unit D, 2 Rothwell Avenue, Albany – a vacant office/warehouse of 2,833 m2 sold vacant for $3,650,000